PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

FAST5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Touch Pro Only Charges When Connected to PC

Hey guys, okay, this has me baffled.

My CDMA TP2 (running EnergyRom) will only charge when it is connected to the PC. When I connect it to the wall, the "Connect to a PC" menu comes up and asks if I want to connect via ActiveSync, Disk Transfer, etc.

IT WILL NOT CHARGE THE PHONE FROM THE WALL.

I am using the correct charger, and nothing is wrong with the cable, apparently since it does charge from the PC.

I also noticed that if I soft reset while connected to the wall, the orange charge light will come on for a minute or so, up until the phone completely boots and then it goes away, and does not charge.

Gotta be a software issue of some kind...

Hard reset twice...

PLEASE HELP!
Old 11-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FAST5 is a n00b
Re: Touch Pro Only Charges When Connected to PC

Any suggestions guys?

PLEASE??

Old 11-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

Try a different ROM.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

change roms & see if it still happens

Dank-Ass Robba

Old 11-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

FAST5 is a n00b

Thanks guys, flashed to MightyROM and the problem is still there.

Perhaps this is not software-related? I did read through some other thread and it mentioned there being a cab for this sort of thing.

Any other constructive advice?
Old 11-25-2009, 03:37 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

does it act the same on stock?

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 11-25-2009, 03:41 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Have you tried different a charger?
Sounds elementary but sometimes that's what's missed.
Like taking Jamarcus out of the game. lol. Right Havox?
p.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:58 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Exact same thing happened to my friend. Flashed back to stock with no luck... ended upgettina new phone.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Sounds like hardware.
One of my 6 Touch Pros stopped charging. I took it in to the spirnt store and they tried telling me it was MY fault and that I would have to pay a 100 deductible. I told them it wasn't my fault that their chinese made phone was made cheaply. The girl said that was not the case so... I asked her to explain the keyboard issue everyone was experiencing. lol.
I explained that I have had MANY phones and that this had not happened.
I argued and went through 4 different people till one of the managers charged my account the deductible and gave me a loyal customer credit on my account (wash).
I left the store with a nice shiny refurb in hand.
p.

Good luck.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2