PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Jspecrx7 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP 2 stuck in 1x

When I woke up this morning I noticed my Sprint TP 2 WM 6.1 is stuck in 1x. I get a weak signal from time to time at my house so I figured that was the problem and it would return back to Ev. Well even at work now its still in 1x. I have tried several soft resets but it hasn't budged. Phone has been working great up till this morning. Any idea before I call up Sprint technical support? Thanks..!!
Old 11-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint TP 2 stuck in 1x

Welcome to Verizon Hell. Enjoy your stay.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

I am not beginning to think its a cdma radio problem with these devices...i too have the same problem on 4 different tp2's....even moving in to the new house the problem exists. happens right after i get a text message and i am on the web...stays in 1x...usually a soft reset temp fixes it but again...thats just a temp fix. I know its a not a radio software/firmware issue because both sprint and verizon use different software/firmware. i think the problem exists in the radio hardware itself and seriously needs to be addressed by htc...we all cant be wrong.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm still in 1x, guess I'll have to make a trip to the Sprint store on black friday. That trip is going to be very delightful! Can't wait..!! I was going to do a hard reset but when I try to sync my contacts before hand it won't let me check the "contacts" box in the Windows Mobile Device Center. I'm not even sure if the hard reset would even work.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspecrx7 View Post
I'm still in 1x, guess I'll have to make a trip to the Sprint store on black friday. That trip is going to be very delightful! Can't wait..!! I was going to do a hard reset but when I try to sync my contacts before hand it won't let me check the "contacts" box in the Windows Mobile Device Center. I'm not even sure if the hard reset would even work.
Try Profile update and the other update, some cases it looks like that has fixed the problem. Also it can also be provision problem from sprint and you can just call from home and they can do it for you over the phone so that you don't have to mess with all that black friday non sense.

Also on syncing, do you have outlook installed and set up? Because you would need that in order to sync.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks...I just updated the "PRL" and it did the trick. Lets see if it holds now. I hope that works for everyone else encountering this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
Try Profile update and the other update, some cases it looks like that has fixed the problem. Also it can also be provision problem from sprint and you can just call from home and they can do it for you over the phone so that you don't have to mess with all that black friday non sense.

Also on syncing, do you have outlook installed and set up? Because you would need that in order to sync.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Usually I just go into airplane mode then out and it fixes it for me.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JaxChris is becoming a great contributor

I just experienced this myself today.

I resolved the issue by switching in and out of airplane mode to basically soft reset the radio. This is likely a radio issue that can be resolved with a firmware update. I'm sure if HTC and Sprint address it then it will be rolled into the WM6.5 ROM update.

I don't think a PRL update is needed since doing so doesn't "update" the PRL, but it does cycle the radio the same as airplane mode does. I performed a PRL & Profile update as soon as MyPhone was done reloading my contacts & calendar - that was yesterday - and I experienced the problem about 5 hours ago when I received a text from my bank to authenticate my online banking while I was on their mobile site from the phone.

The issue could be software in that a broken data connection is holding the radio in that state. I first tried to turn off data connection but that still left it showing 1x. Only turning off the radio by going to airplane mode and back again resolved this.

Maybe we can get that US Cellular radio loaded on our phones to address this, all their version numbers appear to be newer for everything.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I actually did try the airplane mode, and it didn't work on my TP 2. Only problem with my TP 2 so far. Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
I just experienced this myself today.

I resolved the issue by switching in and out of airplane mode to basically soft reset the radio. This is likely a radio issue that can be resolved with a firmware update. I'm sure if HTC and Sprint address it then it will be rolled into the WM6.5 ROM update.

I don't think a PRL update is needed since doing so doesn't "update" the PRL, but it does cycle the radio the same as airplane mode does. I performed a PRL & Profile update as soon as MyPhone was done reloading my contacts & calendar - that was yesterday - and I experienced the problem about 5 hours ago when I received a text from my bank to authenticate my online banking while I was on their mobile site from the phone.

The issue could be software in that a broken data connection is holding the radio in that state. I first tried to turn off data connection but that still left it showing 1x. Only turning off the radio by going to airplane mode and back again resolved this.

Maybe we can get that US Cellular radio loaded on our phones to address this, all their version numbers appear to be newer for everything.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2