PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
odd SPB Backup problem

I have been using SPB BU from day one in my VZ TP2 & it works super.

I have done many restores in all my ROM's (Stock, Mighty & Juicy)

I always keep multiple backups on my 16 gig card in case one gets corrupted or refuses to restore. I also have Sprite but never installed in in the TP2 as I've usually had better luck with SPB (although I like both programs)

A few days ago, I messed up the system (I do this on a regular basis) & figured no big deal I will restore a BU file. When I clicked on the latest BU, it gave me the "corrupt or untrusted file" error. I'm like WTF, this has never happened before........

At that point, I clicked on the previous BU file & WTF it said the same thing!! I had something like 4 BU's in a row that said that. At that point, I clicked on a BU that I had previously restored & I knew would work fine. THAT ONE restored just fine & I was back in business.

After the restore, out of curiosity I went back & started clicking the BU files again & got the same result. None of the files after a certain date wanted to restore & all the previous ones worked fine.

At that point, just trying things, I first opened the SPB BU app & then selected the latest BU (one of the ones that refused to restore). The weird thing is, from within the program that latest BU restored just fine.....

Just to be on the safe side, I installed Sprite at that point & made a BU. I then purposefully messed up the system & restored it with Sprite to see what would happen. That worked perfectly & now I'm using both programs daily.

Has anybody else seen SPB act this way?? I never have before & I've used it for a LONG time......

~John
Old 11-24-2009, 07:41 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: odd SPB Backup problem

This is the EXACT issue that made me jump ship to Sprite a while back. I've got both programs as well but only use Sprite at the moment. YMMV when coming across this issue

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 11-24-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:55 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
This is the EXACT issue that made me jump ship to Sprite
you had the EXACT SAME THING happen??

~John
Old 11-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Ship Jumper

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Exact thing bro.. My Backup files became corrupted for no apparent reason & I was unable to retrieve them. I had several backups at that time & EVERY one of them was corrupted....Really pissed me.

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 11-24-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIVERS73 View Post
Exact thing bro.. My Backup files became corrupted for no apparent reason & I was unable to retrieve them. I had a few backups & EVERY one of them refuse to restore....Really pissed me.
Did you try restoring them from within the app itself??

Mine will all restore fine that way now, just the later dated ones won't restore by clicking the .exe like the earlier ones will.

~John
Old 11-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Ship Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Did you try restoring them from within the app itself??

Mine will all restore fine that way now, just the later dated ones won't restore by clicking the .exe like the earlier ones will.

~John
It was a while ago but that's how I've been doing all my restoring...
Old 11-24-2009, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Well, obviously it pays to use more than one BU program.

I honestly don't think one is better than the other, I have had Sprite fail me in the past & that was why I was leaning more toward SPB (+ SPB is a lot faster)

I know one thing, I will be using BOTH PROGRAMS religiously from now on......

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2