PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Manila 2.5 Proper SMS?

I have posted in a couple of the ROM threads, but maybe this will get the attention of a more general audience. I really like the new Manila 2.5. I don't use MMS and I can do without landscape, but there is still one issue that keeps me, and many other, from moving to it full time. SMS!!!

As of right now there are two options, each of which have some significant (imo) drawbacks:

-Option 1 (Stick with HTC messaging). It looks nice, threads messages into a convo and works ok, but only if there are no messages in thread. As soon as you get a few messages in the convo you'll notice a delay while it loads message before you can respond. The more messages, the longer the delay, the more frustration it causes.

-Option 2 (Disable HTC messaging and use WM Client). This is what I do with Manila 2.1 and it works well, but the implementation is quite different when using Manila 2.5. As far as I can tell you cannot thread messages (the biggest drawback) and you can't just click the text on screen, you have to click all messages first.

Does anyone know of a workaround or solution to make one of these options more tolerable?

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Manila 2.5 Proper SMS?

I don't think there are any other options at this time.

I am running Juicy's awesome ROM. I use the HTC app for SMS & the WM default for MMS. This works fine for me, but I delete texts as I read them (I'm not one of those morons that makes a post here asking how to restore 3200 text messages to their new phone.......)

~John
Old 11-23-2009, 09:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

I can understand that, but the threaded history is sort of useless if you have to delete stuff to make it work...it's no longer a thread. I don't restore text messages...ever! So I'm not one of those morons either, but it got to be frustratingly slow after just two days of texting (100 or so messages).

I guess HTC just implemented the new messaging app poorly as it neither archives messages or lets you start typing before loading all previous messages.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Xperia X1
Carrier: vodafone

shatou is a n00b

This might sound silly... but how would u do option 2??
Old 11-30-2009, 02:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Also in for a way to disable the HTC Message App...
Old 11-30-2009, 03:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good workgtmethod3 is keeping up the good work

I am also looking for a decent solution. I am curious if there is a third party messaging app out there that will be the best of both worlds. Any ideas anyone?

For disabling HTC message app: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=556614

On a side, but similar note, I've noticed that when viewing all text messages in the classic WM client, the messages are much more spaced out now. I was using a Touch Pro stock; Now I am on a TP2 with WinMo 6.5. Any way to change this?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:33 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

I have htc messaging client show up when you tap message in manila, and when you press the left softkey "all messages" it goes to native sms app so you can send MMS. Best of both worlds. Works great too.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
I have htc messaging client show up when you tap message in manila, and when you press the left softkey "all messages" it goes to native sms app so you can send MMS. Best of both worlds. Works great too.
When u tap the all messages softkey does it go automatically to the native sms app w/o a tweak or is does it come stock like that?
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 11-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
When u tap the all messages softkey does it go automatically to the native sms app w/o a tweak or is does it come stock like that?
I'm sure you can use the Rhodium keyboard driver to program it.

I've found out that if you click reply from the sense screen without going into the htc messaging, you can start typing much quicker. Try that. Or hell, sometimes clicking a new msg and having to type in recipient is faster than waiting for the messages to load.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
Or hell, sometimes clicking a new msg and having to type in recipient is faster than waiting for the messages to load.
LOL, I agree but how retarded is that??

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2