PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC
Carrier: Sprint

x2aws is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Touch Pro 2 Home Screen question

This is probably a real easy question for all you phone gurus out there but it is causing me some headaches. So in the spirit of helping a noob out can you answer me this:

On the bottom of the home page I USED to have "Phone" on the left and "All Contacts" on the right. Well as it stands right now, and I have no idea how it got this way, I have "Camera" linked on the left and "All Contacts" on the right. It really ticks me off when I go to dial and instead I go directly to the Camera.

I know this can be changed, because I have seen some peoples home screens and they have Calander, or Text Message, etc on their lower links. The question is HOW?? How can I get my "Phone" link back????
Old 11-23-2009, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel
Re: My Touch Pro 2 Home Screen question

You need to download "SoftKey Manager", then install it, run it, check the "diamond mode" box, redo the shortcuts how you want em, you'll see how how when you run it, then save changes and then restart your phone.

Thats all!

Welcome to PPCGeeks!

Here is the link to download the softkey manager
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...1&d=1217863776

Last edited by apristel; 11-23-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

x2aws is a n00b

OMG.. this has been one big pain. I am linking everything right, it shows phone for the title, its actually linked to the phone.lnk under windows/start menu/ and the first time I set it, saved the changes, and reset it, "My Contacts" now linked to all contacts, and "Phone" linked to my contacts page. Tried it again, same thing.. reset again and the "Phone" link did nothing.. Almost as if I didn't even have it linked. Tried adding 2 phone links. Well the one on the left, nothing, the one on the right went to my phone!! ...... WTF???

Talk about pissing a person off!!!

This will be my 10th Soft Reset with the hopes of getting something working!!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:46 PM
VIP Member

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community

Oh you are on stock sprint....

That has some issues where you can only change the left softkey... but there is a trick to it...

open the softkey manager, diamond mode, reset to defaults, reboot the phone.. that will get you back to the way it was when you got it.

If you want to change the LEFT softkey you actually use the softkey manager and change the RIGHT softkey, but you can enter the text for the softkey ( what shows on the homescreen ) in the left softkey spot. Its a$$ backwards, but that is the stock sprint rom for you.

I know that may be hard to follow, but trust me, I pulled my hair out with it too. Good Luck.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

x2aws is a n00b

Sooooooo.. thats it... hmm.. knew something was wrong Lookig at it I have "Phone" on the left, and "My Contacts" on the right.. Phone is linked to Default, and My Contatcs is linked to Phone.. and it works!!.. Awesome.. thanks for the help!!!.. Now just got to disable the text message sent popup......
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:04 PM
VIP Member

Glad its working for ya.

Here ya go, I'm in the giving mood.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...0&d=1257687209

Install, reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2