PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 06:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

benanthony is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
End / Power Key Problem

Having a weird problem with my End / Power key on the Verizon Touch Pro 2. I flashed back to stock last night and ever since then when the phone boots up it thinking that the key is being held down and tries to turn the phone off. During the hard reset it was in a reboot loop for about 6-7 reboots because I wasn't able to click "No" don't turn the phone off. Now that it actually boots up, everytime I restart the phone I have to click "No". and once I am booted up, the end / power key no longer functions at all. The only way I can turn the phone off if by removing the battery. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I am having verizon send me a new one.

I find it very odd that this started happening right after I used the Verizon shipped package to flash back to stock. I have tried re-locking the spl and flashing the stock rom multiple times with no luck. One thing I am concerned about is that since the Verizon model has the power key combined with the end key that having a custom rom and then going back to stock is what caused this. In the custom rom (ssk) i flashed and tried instead of it turning the phone off it did the whole end-key long press function instead of turning the device off.

Thanks,
Ben
Old 11-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: End / Power Key Problem

I flash mine back to stock before every new rom flash and have never had that issue. I always hard reset prior to any flash then again after. I'm using ssk also with no problems like that. Don't know, but it's lucky your stock if you need to return it.

Last edited by cbreze; 11-23-2009 at 08:45 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:37 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

I have been thinking about it more and It actually started when I flashed SSK 3.06 last night I just didn't notice because SSK, I thought it was weird that SSK was booting up to the lock screen which is why I decided to flash stock , but now I realize its the same problem just that SSK wasn't setup for verizon. It seems like maybe its a hardware issue but at the same time I'm afraid to flash when I get the new one cause this didn't happen until I changed from Mighty to SSK.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by benanthony View Post
I have been thinking about it more and It actually started when I flashed SSK 3.06 last night I just didn't notice because SSK, I thought it was weird that SSK was booting up to the lock screen which is why I decided to flash stock , but now I realize its the same problem just that SSK wasn't setup for verizon. It seems like maybe its a hardware issue but at the same time I'm afraid to flash when I get the new one cause this didn't happen until I changed from Mighty to SSK.
I'm having a couple weird issues just suddenly crop up with ssk3.0v. I think I'll try the new 6.5 from the oem that was dumped last nite. Juggs is working on it. Re: your key issue I've always had mixed results when I try mapping that end key because it's first and foremost the power key. I've been leaving it alone. Check your end key setting to make sure it's not set to something. Also, you should use the verizon keyboard config cab if you haven't when using cooked roms. I've not heard of it messing with the power key, but maybe? I don't set my power key for anything but power as it's intended. If all else fails try the new 6.5, should be up later today.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I have tried everything, I think its a hardware issue, I should be getting my new phone tomorrow. I have found a couple other people where the end key has gone bad on them, hopefully this doesn't become a common problem with this phone like the keyboard was on the original Touch Pro.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2