PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 03:43 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Building roms based off roms by chefs?

I'm curious of this...

Is it possible to cook roms based off other roms that is already built?
i'm curious of this because I would like to cook my own rom for personal use.
For example, I would like to use either mightyrom or energy rom and have all my cabs and files built in or tweaked... The main reason for this is because of the phone tracking tool that i use to protect my phone if it's stolen. If the person who finds the phone get's the phone, i can track it off. But with current rom i'm using, all they have to do is hard reset and all the configurations are gone.

Is there a prog that would rip up the RUU file or load the RUU files and allow me to add stuff to it?

Sprint Fair and Flex 500mins - unlimited; text, data, N&W@6pm (perks) - Sprint Pick 3, Unl Incoming Mins
ROMS: Vin. Pluto. (M2.5), Mighty (M2.5), Energy (M2.5)
Old 11-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff
Re: Building roms based off roms by chefs?

Actually thr4e are programs out there that are like Lojack for phones. If it gets lost or stolen wont matter if its reset or not and you can delete the info via web. I use it. And if the phone isnt making touch with the service you get am email telling you so

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HERO

Vip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good workVip3rV333 is keeping up the good work

lol, ok so are you going to tell us what your using then that works after a hard reset?

You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto WWII

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

Treo 650 -> Mogul -> Touch -> Diamond -> Treo Pro -> Touch Pro
Old 11-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
I'm curious of this...

Is it possible to cook roms based off other roms that is already built?
i'm curious of this because I would like to cook my own rom for personal use.
For example, I would like to use either mightyrom or energy rom and have all my cabs and files built in or tweaked... The main reason for this is because of the phone tracking tool that i use to protect my phone if it's stolen. If the person who finds the phone get's the phone, i can track it off. But with current rom i'm using, all they have to do is hard reset and all the configurations are gone.

Is there a prog that would rip up the RUU file or load the RUU files and allow me to add stuff to it?
I might be wrong but it sounds like you are contradicting yourself. if you lose your phone then your info is there and you can use a program to wipe it clean. if you lose your phone and they hard reset it then YOU can't wipe your phone but the hard reset already did that. So what exactly are you asking for?
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-23-2009, 08:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

No, it is not possible. nrg and mighty are both built using platformrebuilder (part of the visual kitchen) this method removes files that are necessary for reconstructing ROM's into usable kitchens, but it increases ROM performance as the less files you have in the ROM, the faster it will be, less battery it will use, etc. You can dump the rom's but they will just come out as one big folder, which is useful in some circumstances, but not in yours. the best I can suggest is get a kitchen and modify it. try calkulin's for friendliness or mine if you want straight platformrebuilder (about twice to three times as fast but not anywhere near as friendly) pick an old rom to dissect into a kitchen and it may work.. nothing from the current generation will be dumpable though.

Last edited by raidzero; 11-23-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I might be wrong but it sounds like you are contradicting yourself. if you lose your phone then your info is there and you can use a program to wipe it clean. if you lose your phone and they hard reset it then YOU can't wipe your phone but the hard reset already did that. So what exactly are you asking for?
He didn't say anything about wiping thephone, he said he wants to be able to track it. A hard reset would delete the program if installed as a cab, thus removing the ability to track, and find the phone.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
He didn't say anything about wiping thephone, he said he wants to be able to track it. A hard reset would delete the program if installed as a cab, thus removing the ability to track, and find the phone.
got you.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:23 PM
HTC = TAIWAN! =)
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

twe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on reptwe90kid is halfway to VIP status based on rep

yup with built-in cabs and the settings +reg built in, even after hard reset, i can still get contact to my phone since everything is restored

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2