PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Weird Phone Number/Text Question

I got a text message from a chic I met at the club 3 days ago and the number that displays looks very weird. In the text message it gives the phone number the text came from but then gives a plus sign with another number. What does that mean? Both numbers are U.S. numbers. (example below)

406-888-8888 (10:00pm)
+1803-888-8888 - Hey how are you?

Old 11-23-2009, 11:23 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

bertimus2002 is just getting started
Re: Weird Phone Number/Text Question

Looks like it could be from a Google Voice number. Most of the time when you text using GV, it comes from/to a 406 number. The second number may be her actual number to reply to or call back from.

Sprint Touch Pro2
MightyRom Full Force
Stock Sprint Radio (2.32.00WF
)
Old 11-23-2009, 11:25 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Have you tryied to reply to this message? Maybe she is using an online text messaging service...

Old 11-23-2009, 11:27 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertimus2002 View Post
Looks like it could be from a Google Voice number. Most of the time when you text using GV, it comes from/to a 406 number. The second number may be her actual number to reply to or call back from.
I thought the samething for a minute, but when you text using google voice the other person should see only your google voice number.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

yeah, I'm using the sprint stock rom so all you have to do is hit reply. looks like the reply is being sent to the 406 number. That would have been funny if it was from google voice, bc i gave her my google voice number. (all chics i meet in the club get the google voice number! or at least Until i feel your worthy enough to have the real number)

Thanks!
Old 11-23-2009, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

+1 is the US country code. If you recieve it, it may be because she's got her phone to dial 1 before dialling a number, and it's reporting that, or yours is, but that's typically what it is. This day and age when you dial a number like 800-888-8888, the system automatically makes you dial 1-800-888-8888, the +1 is 'this number belongs to this country.'. If you were to dial another country, like Germany, it would be +06 or whatever the country code is.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2