PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 05:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Someone correct me if I'm wrong... But this is BULLSH..... Sprint TP2 PST LOCKED on 2

So, Protocol Revision #7 (IS-2000A) is NOWHERE to be found on my device (after Stock ROM flash, hard reset, AND ##RTN reset).
I've looked into the ENTIRE NF list, QPST, EPST, (hmm havent tried CDMA workshop)... Regarldess, here goes...

Open up your Dial PAD, type ##7738# (PREV), and click Edit, type in your MSL.

Ok, you see that under the 'Setting' tab? Says "IS-2000 (6) Doesnt it?
Well that means that you are now in 2G Mode.... If you were in 3G it would say IS-2000A (7). Note the numbers in parenthesis... These denote the Revision number as released. In example, if you go and edit the setting you will have 2 other choices:
J-STD-008 (1) Which was the 2nd ever made revision for Data optimization... It was like 96 or 97 if I recall.
The other choice is IS-95A+TSB-74 (3). Which as entailes is the fourth revision... This was one of the early 2G revisions.

WTH?

Edit: Oh if for some reason ##PREV# doesnt work for you you can use ##DATA# and look in the Advanced Settings
Your welcome
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Someone correct me if I'm wrong... But this is BULLSH..... Sprint TP2 PST LOCKED

um what?

u do know that these devices do not have a radio/antenna capable of 3g over UTMS 850/1900 right?

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff
Re: Someone correct me if I'm wrong... But this is BULLSH..... Sprint TP2 PST LOCKED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
um what?

u do know that these devices do not have a radio/antenna capable of 3g over UTMS 850/1900 right?
How does that affect these settings and my post?

Wait are you talking about actual 3G as opposed to our CDMA equal Ev-DO? Cuz if thats the case than yea I know, but we should still see the 7th revision within the PST

Last edited by Tilde88; 11-22-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post
How does that affect these settings and my post?

Wait are you talking about actual 3G as opposed to our CDMA equal Ev-DO? Cuz if thats the case than yea I know, but we should still see the 7th revision within the PST
well, those settings are displayed by what the radio is capable of, since. if you're referring to GSM 3g then ofcourse that wont show up.

also i havnt messed with any stock rom flashing (notthat it would have anything to do with whats displayed here in EPST) and mine only shows (6)
Old 11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:

also i havnt messed with any stock rom flashing (notthat it would have anything to do with whats displayed here in EPST) and mine only shows (6)
im telling ya Juggs... something aint right...
Anyone have a Mogul RevA enabled lyin around to check?
Old 11-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Retired Staff

Wanted to add, that IS-2000 (6) is refering to the GSM data band your capable of which is in fact 2G, so i dont know why you think it said (7) before which is 3G but it couldn't have.

Like i said mine states IS-2000 (6)
Old 11-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
im telling ya Juggs... something aint right...
Anyone have a Mogul RevA enabled lyin around to check?
yes i do, and it says IS-2000 (6) and its all stock in Rev a coverage lust liek my touch pro 2. you're mistaken sorry dude.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
yes i do, and it says IS-2000 (6) and its all stock in Rev a coverage lust liek my touch pro 2. you're mistaken sorry dude.
K... Damn cuz ive tried everything... Ever since my first RTN reset (a few hours after i got my TP2) i cannot for the life of me get even half decent bandwidth...good signal with about -75dbm in HDR Field test, but my internet and tethering are crippled at about 100Kbps.
Anyways thanks alot man...

Request for thread close + delete.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
K... Damn cuz ive tried everything... Ever since my first RTN reset (a few hours after i got my TP2) i cannot for the life of me get even half decent bandwidth...good signal with about -75dbm in HDR Field test, but my internet and tethering are crippled at about 100Kbps.
Anyways thanks alot man...

Request for thread close + delete.
ill close it for you, but no need to delete. and i can say i have no issues with my bandwidth.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2