PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

snoozii is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tp2 battery charge indicator

Hey everyone, I just wanted to check if the Sprint TP2 has a charge finished indicator? For some reason my charge indicator stays amber even after 3-4 hours of charge, and the battery life is at full bars.. Is it supposed to be like that or is there something wrong with my device?

Last edited by snoozii; 11-22-2009 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-22-2009, 01:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Tp2 battery charge indicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozii View Post
Hey everyone, I just wanted to check if the Sprint TP2 has a charge finished indicator? For some reason my charge indicator stays amber even after 3-4 hours of charge, and the battery life is at full bars.. Is it supposed to be like that or is there something wrong with my device?
Mine turns green when it's done charging... Have you installed any battery hacks (1% hack, quick charge)?
Old 11-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have the 1% battery increment setting and my light turns green after a full charge. May depend on what rom you are using.. Some had an issue with the charging light.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

snoozii is a n00b

Hm, might it be that my touch diamond charger isn't compatible with my new touch pro 2? Sounds weird, but it might be the case since I finally got the green light when I plugged it into the PC, but could never get it through the diamond wall charger.. I guess not all htc chargers are the same? Thanks for the help anyway guys
Old 11-22-2009, 02:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That culd be the case OP, but I used my old Touch Pro 1 charger for my TP2 for a long time, and I got the green light (running Mighty's newest rom).

Have you been able to get the green light with your TP2 charger?
Old 11-22-2009, 04:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

mine use to take an additional 30 minutes but lately has seemed on point.taskbars,1% will tweak it a bit.so it is what you are using.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt2
Carrier: AT&T

jcterry is a n00b

On my Tilt2, when I charge it, the amber light will be on and the battery displays at 100% (I'm not using the 1% battery increment). After a while the green light eventually comes on. I just assumed that the battery was at 95-99% and still charging, but the display just rounded the % up to 100. This happens when the phone is plugged into the computer or wall charger.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:34 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

OH! I just remembered -

At higher-charge levels, the battery always reports erratic values. For example, the battery could be at 92% but show 99% and vice-versa. Its possible that the phone is waiting for the battery to reduce its current intake before it switches the light to green.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2