PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 04:35 PM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Radar 4G Windows Phone
Carrier: Straight Talk

oZo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Disabling Sprint Hands free activation

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
well if you goto HKCU\software\htc\bootlauncher\apps\connectionsetu p\Module.. you see \windows\connectionsetupAuto.exe..

i would goto \windows and find connectionsetupAuto.exe and click on it first and see if this starts the Handfree Provisioning first.. if it does, then deleting said string should be ok in theory...

or change file name to ConnectionSetupAuto1.exe.. then the registry cant call the file to start because you added the "1" in the file name..

hope that helps guys
Nope. Didn't do it.
Thanks, anyway.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:17 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank_boy View Post
Nope. Didn't do it.
Thanks, anyway.
what did connectionsetupauto.exe do when you clicked on it??? im just curious at this point..

A CHEF might be a good person to ask where this happens at, since they understand the SYS a little better than most..

isnt Update Profile and the Handsfree thing the same?? -now that i think about it more

ive had plenty of devices that fail on handsfree.. quick call to my carrier to re-provision, then run Update Profile and its fixed
are you guys also sure theres no hidden file in \windows\startup causing this?? its only happening when booting up right??
Old 08-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

DaveIL is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
what did connectionsetupauto.exe do when you clicked on it??? im just curious at this point..

A CHEF might be a good person to ask where this happens at, since they understand the SYS a little better than most..

isnt Update Profile and the Handsfree thing the same?? -now that i think about it more

ive had plenty of devices that fail on handsfree.. quick call to my carrier to re-provision, then run Update Profile and its fixed
are you guys also sure theres no hidden file in \windows\startup causing this?? its only happening when booting up right??
I have no idea what is causing this.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:15 PM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular

I think I have it figured out.
In EPST settings (##778#), after entering your MSL, go to M. IP Customer Profile1.
Under NAI enter a user name in the sprint format.
I don't believe it needs to be real.
Like santa00@hcm.sprintpcs.com
This seemed to stop my hands free activation, as the PST thinks it's already got a user name.
I hope it helps.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium Sprint
Carrier: INDOSAT & Smart

Incrediboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank_boy View Post
I think I have it figured out.
In EPST settings (##778#), after entering your MSL, go to M. IP Customer Profile1.
Under NAI enter a user name in the sprint format.
I don't believe it needs to be real.
Like santa00@hcm.sprintpcs.com
This seemed to stop my hands free activation, as the PST thinks it's already got a user name.
I hope it helps.

It works! Thx dude. But does anyone know why this "handsfree activation" doesn't occur on several ROMs such as MightyROM & Mr.X? I'm using MediumHill now and MediumHill has this thing. TIA
Old 09-02-2010, 08:22 AM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
It works! Thx dude. But does anyone know why this "handsfree activation" doesn't occur on several ROMs such as MightyROM & Mr.X? I'm using MediumHill now and MediumHill has this thing. TIA
Your Welcome! I think the issue is that a stock ROM has provisioning "cooked" in.
A lot of chefs (like Mighty Mike) take all that out.
I'm not a chef, but I bet the ROM you have still has Sprint provisioning in it.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Thumbs up HANDS FREE ACTIVATION Reply

Hey, I've been struggling with this as well. I'm on Boost Mobile, and whenever I'm in a low signal area for an extended period of time, the device will become unusably sluggish. After I reboot, It takes about three minutes, then I get a "Hands free activation" screen. After another three minutes, it'll reboot itself. Sometimes it'll work, but usually it'll just start "Hands free activation" all over again.

Any ideas, and will this happen to other people who use my ROMs, or is it just because I'm on Boost Mobile?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
Old 12-12-2010, 05:06 PM
oZo
PPCGeeks Regular

If your phone has already provisioned once, it shouldn't ask to activate again. I'm not sure why that would happen.
One thing you can do is, when your in a good signal area, use the 'Update Profile' option in Settings/System.
If you ROM doesn't have that cooked in here is a cab that has that and the 'Update PRL' function included.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Sprint-Update-Profile-&-PRL.cab (543.8 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny
Hey, I've been struggling with this as well. I'm on Boost Mobile, and whenever I'm in a low signal area for an extended period of time, the device will become unusably sluggish. After I reboot, It takes about three minutes, then I get a "Hands free activation" screen. After another three minutes, it'll reboot itself. Sometimes it'll work, but usually it'll just start "Hands free activation" all over again.

Any ideas, and will this happen to other people who use my ROMs, or is it just because I'm on Boost Mobile?

Thanks.

- 2 Bunny
You could also try dialing ##3282# and enter your MSL which will wipe & reset your data provisioning without hard resetting.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by oZo View Post
If your phone has already provisioned once, it shouldn't ask to activate again. I'm not sure why that would happen.
One thing you can do is, when your in a good signal area, use the 'Update Profile' option in Settings/System.
If you ROM doesn't have that cooked in here is a cab that has that and the 'Update PRL' function included.
I've already hit both of those buttons. They always complete successfully, and one or both of them then reboot the device upon their successful completion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

You could also try dialing ##3282# and enter your MSL which will wipe & reset your data provisioning without hard resetting.
I don't have my MSL number. I tried using that one app to find your MSL based on your esn, but EPST rejected the number.

I did gleam some gems of knowledge though - I discovered that it will always do that if you are in a low signal strength area for a while. If you all recall back a while ago when I had the bright idea to "save power" by pressing "home only" (rejects a roaming signal), I was on low signal with Sprint all day not realizing it. This morning I changed it to "Standard", and everything was fine and dandy because it would roam instead of just struggling to find signal. In the end, "home only" wasted more power than it conserved Ironically.

- 2 Bunny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2