PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

KevRox415 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touchscreen capability is gone

I have a huge situation with my Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 phone. A couple of weeks ago I found out I accidentally slept on top on my phone after waking up. I go to use my phone, but to find out the touch screen doesn't work, but it displays everything fine. At close inspection on the screen, I discovered a black dot. I guess that is where the pressure point was at. It looks like a pool of water. It grew to about two inch in length over the weeks. I can't do anything, but call and receive phone calls. I cant text people because I need to press send with my finger or stylus. Its like this for many applications. I need to press the bottom buttons on the screen to do things. I cant find any keyboard shortcuts for these buttons. Is there a work around anybody know of?
Old 06-25-2010, 02:21 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Touchscreen capability is gone

you could probably get it repaired under warranty, just don't mention you slept on it.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:34 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KevRox415 is a n00b

I didnt purchase a warranty and it has been a year since i bought it. I searched online for a repair on the screen and found price ranges around $200. I am not paying that much.
Old 06-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

sprint's tp2 hasn't been out a year yet.
you might take it by a repair center and see what happens.
Old 06-25-2010, 04:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

or u can replace the screen urself, im guessing that is all thats damaged
Old 06-25-2010, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: IPhone 4G to Iphone 5
Carrier: Sprint PCS

BBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuffBBHOLIDAY knows their stuff

Let me save you some time/money. HTC replacement cost for screen is 280.00. If you have the insurance just file an insurance claim. If you send it back to HTC and they see the spot on the screen they'll say the phone has been abused. Im speaking from experience. Plus its 30 bucks to get your phone back if you choose not to pay the 280.00.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:31 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

or do what i did when the same thing happened to me...well not the sleeping on my phone, but the big dot on the screen and the screen being unresponsive. i called sprint told them there was a spot on my screen and that i am unable to access the phone using the touch screen. sprint rep told me they'll go ahead and send me a replacement. i asked them if he was gonna send the claim form as well, rep said no need because he wasn't going to do it as an insurance claim. he was gonna replace my phone under the terms of the warranty. got my replacement phone 2 days later. as an added bonus...it was new...not refurb. surprised the heck out of me.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 06-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

KevRox415 is a n00b

Thanks for the replies, stories, and suggestions.

@BBHOLIDAY: Thanks for information on that. It would have saved me time if I was going towards that route, but I dont think I will.

@Mojary: good to know someone out there had a similiar ordeal with the phone. You didnt have to pay anything for the replacement?

It sounds to me that everybody here keeps pointing towards the warranty. I guess I'll just find me a Sprint repair store to go to or call them to see what they can do. I will tell them what you told the sprint rep Mojary.

I thought there would be some kind of workaround where I can use the keyboard for the touch screen buttons. I really would like to text again, use my web browser, media player, camera, navigation..... This phone is useless without them.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:20 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

no charges whatsoever. i got it replaced through sprint based on the 1yr manufacturer's warranty. and you're still good for that because nrfitchett4 is right...our device wasn't released until september/october of last year. and about not mentioning that you slept on it. and forget about the kb workaround. it is limited as far as trying to get around in programs. arrow keys does not work when you need to go over to select "ok/done" or "cancel" on certain apps/programs. just a quick question though...you do have TEP on you plan correct?

good luck my friend. let us know what happened.
Old 06-25-2010, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

aiiee is keeping up the good workaiiee is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevRox415 View Post
Thanks for the replies, stories, and suggestions.

@BBHOLIDAY: Thanks for information on that. It would have saved me time if I was going towards that route, but I dont think I will.

@Mojary: good to know someone out there had a similiar ordeal with the phone. You didnt have to pay anything for the replacement?

It sounds to me that everybody here keeps pointing towards the warranty. I guess I'll just find me a Sprint repair store to go to or call them to see what they can do. I will tell them what you told the sprint rep Mojary.

I thought there would be some kind of workaround where I can use the keyboard for the touch screen buttons. I really would like to text again, use my web browser, media player, camera, navigation..... This phone is useless without them.
Also my story. Contact carrier, just tell them screen has hole, unresponsive. They should replace the phone w/in 2 days. And, um, hope the next one fares better.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2