PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

supadee is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Blocks

VZW seems to be blocking ppcgeeks.com access from the phone, am I just imagining it?
Old 11-21-2009, 07:15 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Verizon Blocks

No problems accessing it here. Never had any issues. What rom and browser are you using?

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-21-2009, 07:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (XV6875)
Carrier: Verizon

llea1 is just getting started

I had that problem with Opera closing everytime i opened PPCGEEKS on the stock rom. but as soon as i switched to Mighty's rom no problems here. So i would suggest flashing a new rom if its that important to you
Old 11-21-2009, 08:18 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

You could also try switching from mobile view to desktop view or vice versa, depending on what browser and see if that helps.

There's always Skyfire. It would surely work.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Boushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on repBoushh is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Boushh Send a message via MSN to Boushh

Or try the mobile version of the site.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Lurker

Massgainer is a n00b

I'm on Verizon with the stock ROM and I'm replying to your post from my phone and the site works great. I have been coming to this site on my phone almost every day since I got my phone 3 days after it was available on vzw website. I'm accessing the site through the installed opera browser. My sister just got her new TP2 last week through VZW and she is also able to visit this site no problem. I hope this info helps you in finding the root of your problem.

I never had this problem even before I installed the TP2 cleanup cab from the sticky in this forum, but maybe you are running too many memory hog apps and htc taskmanager is autokilling Opera?
Old 11-21-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6800 /ppc 6700 /TP2/Droid X

kgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good work

i have never had an issue either, i get my rss feeds and check the site quite often, well at least twice an hour. i use opera, ie, and skyfire flawlessly

Old 11-22-2009, 10:58 AM
Lurker

Danbuc09 is a n00b

Verizon can't block you. It's an issue with your rom. My old touch pro used to close out ppc geeks because it would exceed my ram limit. Make sure you dont have a lot of applications running or flash or your rom to something else.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: verizon

tuffinuf is a n00b

I'm having the same issue. i used to be able to go on the site and would do so everyday and all of a sudden one day i could not. i know enough to get me by but i'm def not a tech wizard. is it hard to flash to another rom? anyone have any sugestions on a good one or simple instructions on how to do it? Thanks in advance.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Dont you have to type in m.ppcgeeks.com or something?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2