PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dj_kandre is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HELP NEEDED! New TP2 Increasing my ringtones, alerts volume and adding an alert!

hello, im one who went from the Mogul to the Touch Pro to now having the TP2. i've had it for about a week now and I like it. i'm looking to see if anyone can help me with a few things.
i use a cutom made ringtone (the same one i used in my prev phones) but in my TP2 it doesnt seem to ring as loud (examples: while in my pocket r when i'm riding in a car etc.) where i had no problem hearing the same ringtones in my prev phones. also i use the Voicbeep as my text msg alert (just have always done so) but i really dont hear it nearly as well as i did with my prev phones. is there anyway to increase the volume of both of these?

question 2. is there anyway to have an sound alert for when a text message is sent with the TP2? (i know its silly but the mougul had it until they did the new ROM then it didnt but the TP did so i got used to having it again. the TP2 has the "sent message" visual msg but i guess i'm just used to having a sound with it LOL)

thank you for anyomne who can provide me any insight.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: HELP NEEDED! New TP2 Increasing my ringtones, alerts volume and adding an alert!

I'd like to know that too. Not very loud ring and I missed a couple of calls. I did turn off the "decrease ring volume when phone is picked" option, just in case.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: sprint

troubledrican is a n00b
Re: HELP NEEDED! New TP2 Increasing my ringtones, alerts volume and adding an alert!

Hey guys. i had that problem. i used nero wav editor and created my ringtone and used their built in volume change feature and increased the ringer volume. also installed the audiopara cab from the original touch pro. that helped a ton .
Old 06-13-2010, 11:29 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_kandre View Post
hello, im one who went from the Mogul to the Touch Pro to now having the TP2. i've had it for about a week now and I like it. i'm looking to see if anyone can help me with a few things.
i use a cutom made ringtone (the same one i used in my prev phones) but in my TP2 it doesnt seem to ring as loud (examples: while in my pocket r when i'm riding in a car etc.) where i had no problem hearing the same ringtones in my prev phones. also i use the Voicbeep as my text msg alert (just have always done so) but i really dont hear it nearly as well as i did with my prev phones. is there anyway to increase the volume of both of these?

question 2. is there anyway to have an sound alert for when a text message is sent with the TP2? (i know its silly but the mougul had it until they did the new ROM then it didnt but the TP did so i got used to having it again. the TP2 has the "sent message" visual msg but i guess i'm just used to having a sound with it LOL)

thank you for anyomne who can provide me any insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
I'd like to know that too. Not very loud ring and I missed a couple of calls. I did turn off the "decrease ring volume when phone is picked" option, just in case.
Okay so here is a cab that will increase your phone by a very decent amount. Ringtones, Incall, and Bluetooth.

AudioPara3.csv[1].cab

Also IF after this cab you are still not satisfied with the volume of your ringtones and you are familiar with regedit. Here is the keys to change it and make it even louder.

HKCU-CONTROL PANEL-SOUND CATEGORIES
You want to increase the RING and RING previews initial volume only for ringtones. Now 5 is decent. Anything above that...I can not vouch for. I will not be responsible for you busting your speakers. Hope that helps...Dont forget to hit thanks if it does.

And Im not sure if you are able to have a sound alert for sent Txt Msgs. Maybe if you try the sound settings from the start menu? If not I do not know.

Last edited by youngpro83; 06-13-2010 at 11:35 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE

Amamba is keeping up the good workAmamba is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

After installing audiopara the rings get louder but the music playback is low volume. Uninstalled it and now music is loud and rings are not.

What if I want to change the HKCU-CONTROL PANEL-SOUND CATEGORIES without installing Audiopara - what setting can I use without blowing the speaker ? It's set at 5 by default.

Last edited by Amamba; 06-13-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:53 PM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amamba View Post
After installing audiopara the rings get louder but the music playback is low volume. Uninstalled it and now music is loud and rings are not.

What if I want to change the HKCU-CONTROL PANEL-SOUND CATEGORIES without installing Audiopara - what setting can I use without blowing the speaker ? It's set at 5 by default.
Music is low?? Hmmmm? Mine is blaring!! But anywho...If you are wanting to just increase the sound without the cab. Then just increase all the sound categories you want. But only change the initial volume. Its 3 by default. Ive done up to 7 but that was a little distorted so I went to 5 and its sounds good. YOu can play around with it if you want and see what happens. Just dont increase it all the way up to 9 or something and turn the volume up all the way. That would be a really bad move!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2