PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 11:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jhw549 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Internet Connection dies on Sprint TP2, necessitating hard-reset, 4X in 10 days

I received my Touch Pro2 on 11/3, since then the internet has ceased working and forced me to do a hard-reset FOUR TIMES. If anyone has any ideas, opinions or otherwise I'd like to hear them.
I have a ticket open with Sprint Tech Support so I can go into the store and get another one, but I have two fears on this, that either they will not have it, or all they will have are refurbs to replace my brand new TP2.
If a list of software on the phone would help please let me know, I'll be more than happy to list it all out.

Thanks

Old 11-20-2009, 11:31 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff
Re: Internet Connection dies on Sprint TP2, necessitating hard-reset, 4X in 10 days

Dont accept anything but a brand new phone. If they dont have one in stock they should order you one. You can check the phone for usage by using ##778# to make sure its new.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Internet Connection dies on Sprint TP2, necessitating hard-reset, 4X in 10 days

Trust me I'm not going to let them screw me out of the brand new TP2 I bought... It's defective, which is their problem, not mine...
Old 11-20-2009, 11:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

You haven't unlocked it have you? Make sure anything funky is off of it ( I assume it is since you've already done a bunch of hard resets). I would insist on a brand new one, although I've never had a problem with refurbs, the issues are typically worked out of them, but I would still insist on a new one and use the codes to check there are no minutes on it.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Nope, no unlock, I have some tweaking programs on there but they'll disappear before I bring the phone in...
I just spoke to the store, tech support told me they opened a ticket so I can just go in and swap the phone out without issue. It turns out it was an ordinary support ticket and nothing was mentioned of a swap out. The manager of the store says they'll have to do the normal triage techniques, what that says to me is that they're going to hard-reset it (which does fix the problem) and send me on my way. This is NOT acceptable....

Once again Sprint gives me the run around...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2