PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 10:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

EpOxY is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Consistently Freezes while Booting Up

Now I searched the TP2 threads for all forms and combinations of the word "boot" and "freeze" but could find anything that really suited me.

I've had my TP2 for about a 2 months now. I'm really happy with it.

But I've noticed, that for maybe like... 2/3rds of the time, my phone seems to hang when I reboot/reset it. It gets all the way into the OS, but then kind of hangs there. Like... it never gets to that screen where the "HTC" shows up in the middle of the screen (right before TF3D pops up). If/When it gets to that point, everything's great. It just doesn't always make it that far.

Sometimes when it crashes/freezes, I get the Activesync/Exchange screen.

I think it might be an issue with TF3D, but I'm not sure. Like I said, it only happens sometimes. It hasn't been a *huge* issue, because when it gets through the whole freeze/boot issue (when it does) the phone works great.

I'm unlocked, running the most recent Mighty Mike ROM on Sprint. I've only installed a few things:
BeeJive
ShutXP
zsIRC
PocketUno
Midomi
Groovefish
Pandora
PocketRAR
Xtrakt
Bing
MyPhone
TCMD
Marketplace

I do have Push E-mail set up for my Gmail.

It seems to happen more often since I installed ShutXP, but it still happened before I installed it.

My best guess is something in my start-up is crashing/taking too long to load. But I'm not realy sure what it might be.

Does anyone else have these problems?
Old 11-20-2009, 10:22 AM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: TP2 Consistently Freezes while Booting Up

is your phone unlocked?
what rom?
try a hard reset? (if not be sure to back up first)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

EpOxY is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
is your phone unlocked?
what rom?
try a hard reset? (if not be sure to back up first)
I'm Unlocked, running the most recent Mighty Mike Rom.

I just Hard Reset on Monday (to install the 11/16 MM)

But this happened even before I had MM's rom when it was stock.

Another thing I remembered (and this I think might be attributed to MM) is that usually after I have a hard time booting up... the first time it boots my data (or voice, never tested it) isn't provisioned anymore. But then when I reboot it again, everything works fine again.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

My phone does exactly the same thing & has done in on both Mighty & Juicy's ROM's.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it started doing that when I installed the Dusk theme I'm using.

Like you said, it's no big deal really (more of an annoyance than anything else) as at this point my system is fully customized & I rarely need to reboot the phone & even when it does hang up restarting it a 2nd time always fixes it.

~John
Old 11-28-2009, 09:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

acc3366 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to acc3366

Glad to see that I am not the only one with problems. Most of the lockups come during txting. I hope I have not overlooked the answer. My phone is unlocked, Juicy's newest rom(R4) (also had issues with prior builds)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2