PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

DaBrode is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DaBrode
Nissan Bluetooth / Voice Command dialing from address book

Hello All! I'm politely calling on the forumites here at PPCGeeks to help me set-up my Nissan hands-free system and Voice Command dialing.

So here's the rub...

My Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 connects fine to my stock Nissan Cube handsfree bluetooth. If I trigger the system via steering wheel based control it prompts for instruction. If I speak for it to "Call" and provide a phone number "800-555-5555", it dials away and I'm good to go. However if I tell it to "Call Winston Churchill" it tells me it doesn't recognize the command.

Aside from understanding that Winston Churchill is no longer among the living and you realizing I was using his name as an example...Why can't I dial from my address book through the hands free in my car BY NAME?

I would think the disconnect is that nothing in my car is telling Voice Command to activate like when I voice dial directly to the phone via hardware button. Am I missing a setup step? Do I upload my address book to the car somehow?

I'm sure this is something I'm not setting up right but I just need a mental goose to push me in the right direction.

Thanks all!

EDIT: Here's a link to compatible devices for my car per Nissan - http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth/r...t%29&x=49&y=12

Last edited by DaBrode; 11-19-2009 at 10:15 PM. Reason: added a link to show the Touch Pro was defined as compatible...hoping the TP2 is too
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Nissan Bluetooth / Voice Command dialing from address book

Here's to finding my own answers!

According to Nissan's help page...

Quote:
Can I transfer my phonebook?

Not all devices support phonebook and/or contact transfers via Bluetooth®. However, you may enter contacts manually. Please refer to your vehicle owner's manual for details on entering contacts manually.
If anyone needs me...I'll be in my cube.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So I'm reviving my own thread! After answering myself I tried setting this up. The results were that I was able to add people to my phone book but only manually to the cars phonebook. I was unable to tie the car to Voice Command or get my car to recognize my phone contacts via the Transfer option.

Any thoughts? I'll take negative thoughts at this point. I'm lonely in this thread.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBrode View Post
Hello All! I'm politely calling on the forumites here at PPCGeeks to help me set-up my Nissan hands-free system and Voice Command dialing.

So here's the rub...

My Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 connects fine to my stock Nissan Cube handsfree bluetooth. If I trigger the system via steering wheel based control it prompts for instruction. If I speak for it to "Call" and provide a phone number "800-555-5555", it dials away and I'm good to go. However if I tell it to "Call Winston Churchill" it tells me it doesn't recognize the command.

Aside from understanding that Winston Churchill is no longer among the living and you realizing I was using his name as an example...Why can't I dial from my address book through the hands free in my car BY NAME?

I would think the disconnect is that nothing in my car is telling Voice Command to activate like when I voice dial directly to the phone via hardware button. Am I missing a setup step? Do I upload my address book to the car somehow?

I'm sure this is something I'm not setting up right but I just need a mental goose to push me in the right direction.

Thanks all!

EDIT: Here's a link to compatible devices for my car per Nissan - http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth/r...t%29&x=49&y=12
So you can actually connect via the cubes bluetooth?
It kept giving me "you entered wrong password". My boss even watched me do it, I tried the right password like six times. It was 1234. His LG incite shows up on the "compatible" list, but it freezes his phone every time it connects via bluetooth. You have any ideas?
Old 03-02-2010, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I wish I did. Mine connects okay but I can't access the voice command in Windows Mobile. I have to set up individual contacts in my bluetooth address book.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-03-2010, 02:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

grandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargrandzu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah I tried doing the same thing via the Acura's Handsfree Bluetooth system but no luck.
I was able to transfer the phonebook to the car and dial that way but its not as smooth.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Lurker

nsoneill26 is a n00b

I have the same exact problem with my 2010 Altima Coupe... My phone recognized the the car but once I inserted the 1234 code, the car told me it was an invalid password... any assistance would be appreciated...Thank you.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsoneill26 View Post
I have the same exact problem with my 2010 Altima Coupe... My phone recognized the the car but once I inserted the 1234 code, the car told me it was an invalid password... any assistance would be appreciated...Thank you.
I work at nissan and my boss and I talked with a tech and went on nissanusa(i believe). It says that our phones are not supported. That would be the cause of the issue, or that is what I understand.

Last edited by 1454; 03-07-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

porthole is just getting started

yeah, I have the same problem in my 370z. I was reading somewhere that it had to do with the bluetooth stack in our phones. I wish I could try a different ROM with a different BT stack to see if that made the difference.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

nanujoe is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by porthole View Post
yeah, I have the same problem in my 370z. I was reading somewhere that it had to do with the bluetooth stack in our phones. I wish I could try a different ROM with a different BT stack to see if that made the difference.
Which ROM are you using now? I noticed that my TOMTOM 740 live would upload my contacts with Mightyrom WAR by bluetooth, but not with IMPACT. I assumed it had to do with Winmo 6.5 vs 6.5.x. TOMTOM states our phone is not compatible officially.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2