PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 04:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

stevecn70 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Flashing Stock Sprint Rom problems

So after testing a few ROM I decided to convert the stock ROM to a Kitchen just using the Dump utility in Ervious Kitchen. It went through the stock nbh file and converted it to a kitchen, although I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do something with the SPL_signed.nbh file. I assume not since the phone is unlocked. Anyway, I decided to just remove some apps I didn't want (nothing system related, thing like nascar, etc). I put a check mark on the REAL WM 6.5 AKU like all other roms and I built the rom with no errors.

When I flashed, it restarted and sat at the boot screen for a long time. I thought there was something wrong so I turned it off and entered the boot loader and flashed the "real" stock rom. At reboot, I then noticed it too sat for about 4 min at the screen with the red print. it finally went through, so I'm thinking I wasn't patient enough the last time. I guess Cooked roms graphically show you what it is doing so you don't sit there wondering.

So is this normal? I would like to re-flash my custom ROM but am hesitant because of the first time. Did I do everything right? Anyone know anything I missed?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevemind. I unchecked Real WM 6.5 AKU in the kitchen and it booted fine after that.

Last edited by stevecn70; 11-19-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Threadstarter

stevecn70 is just getting started
Re: Flashing Stock Sprint Rom problems

Well, I spoke too soon, I left the checkmark out and it got to the "please wait while windows... etc." and then it just goes to a white screen after the progress bar fills up and then it doesn't go any farther.

Anyone know step by step how to customize the stock rom and put it back on the device?
Old 11-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

i have built a rom based off of the stock and it loaded perfectly. last time i got the particular white screen was when i had a bad ext or the xip was bad. I would suggest redumping the stock rom and starting over without any additions.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecn70 View Post
Well, I spoke too soon, I left the checkmark out and it got to the "please wait while windows... etc." and then it just goes to a white screen after the progress bar fills up and then it doesn't go any farther.

Anyone know step by step how to customize the stock rom and put it back on the device?
I tried before you , and It did not work so ,I decided to use a kitchen ,I have build a ROM using SSK kitchen and I got AMAZINGLY FASSSSSSSSST 6.1 ROM running weather manila , I do not think any 6.5 ROM on the planet reaches the 6.1 Windows build in speed .

I will be the first thankful , if you can get it right . and I will be the first one to flash it , with no hesitation .......sprint stock is a beautiful fast snappy build that will never re occur.
Old 11-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maan76 View Post

I will be the first thankful , if you can get it right . and I will be the first one to flash it , with no hesitation .......sprint stock is a beautiful fast snappy build that will never re occur.
I wouldn't be so sure on that...although it doesn't look "stock" its base is completely stock...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 02:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
I wouldn't be so sure on that...although it doesn't look "stock" its base is completely stock...

heiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii I am flashing right now, I am pressing bootloader combos , and I just saw your thread , and I left you couple thanks here and there ! )

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2