PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 03:27 PM
ufrx18@gmail.com

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Okay, please be gentle as I am new to posting but not new to reading the forums. I've seen a lot of postings saying MightyRom has the lowest RAM usage out of the custom Roms. However, I was wondering if it lower than the standard vzw rom? I find it extremely annoying to always be running at 73% usage with the vzw rom. Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Old 11-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rose1
Re: Mighty vs. standard rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufrx18@gmail.com View Post

Okay, please be gentle as I am new to posting but not new to reading the forums. I've seen a lot of postings saying MightyRom has the lowest RAM usage out of the custom Roms. However, I was wondering if it lower than the standard vzw rom? I find it extremely annoying to always be running at 73% usage with the vzw rom. Any feedback would be much appreciated!
Honestly, ANY custom rom uses less ram than the stock ones

Last edited by rose1; 11-19-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

You guys are way to worried about free RAM. I had the diamond for a year. It booted up with 20mb free. It would often go as low as 12mb free. And I could start iGuidance (which is a pig) and make a call over bluetooth at the same time and run Google Maps for Traffic. Not once did an application pop up saying low memory.

When you get under 20mb then you can start worrying.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:46 PM
ufrx18@gmail.com

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

My concern is that the more memory you are using means the more programs running in the background sucking your battery. Am I right by this assumption? Right now, with moderate texting and very light internet usage my battery is lucky if it lasts the entire day.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: VERIZON

joeramirez is becoming a great contributor

I have VZ with Mighty Rom and would say that I am a moderate user and at the end of the day I usually have about 60% battery remaining. Mighty is definitely better than stock IMO. Good things 2 life has an excellent clean up for the stock rom that makes it run faster and without the battery drain. I used it on my stock b4 going to Mighty. Once you go Mighty you never go back. LOL
Old 11-19-2009, 04:04 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufrx18@gmail.com View Post

My concern is that the more memory you are using means the more programs running in the background sucking your battery. Am I right by this assumption? Right now, with moderate texting and very light internet usage my battery is lucky if it lasts the entire day.
well then there is either something wrong with your phone or with your battery. i got better life then that with the original TP. With moderate use i'm at around 50-60% of battery life by days end. With light use i'm at about 70-75%, and to be honest i have had my phone only die on me once and it was on a weekend where i had been out all night until about 2am using sprint navigation, listening to music, browsing the web, texting, calls, and getting girls phone numbers all night lol. Okay the last one didn't really have to much affect on battery haha but you get my point. And even with all that it didn't die until i was on my way home
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 11-19-2009, 04:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

qper is keeping up the good workqper is keeping up the good work

This is kinda like comparing a Ford Five Hundred to a Mercedes S500 lol!
Old 11-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

I've used stock, Mighty and Juicy on the TP2 and am currently sticking with Juicy...but to second others, generally speaking, you should get better battery performance on custom ROMs than the stock ones...the reason is that the custom ones already build in hacks and tweaks to increase efficiency and battery life...

I personally use my phone moderately throughout the day, have push email on the entire day, and get something like 20-22 hrs of battery life on the TP2... with the same usage, I got literally less than half of that (maybe 8-9hrs) on my TP1 modded out...

If you can barely get through a day either you have a defective battery, a defective unit, corrupted software, or your definition of moderate use and mine are very different...

good luck...
Old 11-19-2009, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Russellhi is just getting started

For me the main advantage is battery. Im on my second TP2, I couldnt make it thru the day on the stock rom. If I let the phone sit overnight with the stock rom on both TP2's it could drain from 40/ 50 to dead overnight. It could be the reception or the programs I use, I dont know. With the custom rom Im running now the battery seems to hold well when the phone is not in use. Ive tried a few roms for a few days each and its been pretty much the same battery experience. Now I can actually make it the entire day and still have a charge left.

As far as memory Ive pretty much stopped worrying about that since my mogul. It was an issue back then.. had to pick and choose programs and today screen apps carefully in those days! lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2