PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anyway to read saved texts? (used PIMBackup)

there's a conversation that i want to read but it's saved in about 10-15 PIMbackup files over the last few months (i save them after each ROM update). loading them up and viewing them on the phone is a hassle in that i'll have to wait forever for the texts to format properly then scroll through each page.

is there an alternate SMS reader or something that can read those PIMbackup files on the computer?

is there a solution that i can start using NOW so that it'll be easier to do what i'm asking above in the future?
Old 11-19-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

anand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good workanand525 is keeping up the good work
Re: anyway to read saved texts? (used PIMBackup)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit View Post
there's a conversation that i want to read but it's saved in about 10-15 PIMbackup files over the last few months (i save them after each ROM update). loading them up and viewing them on the phone is a hassle in that i'll have to wait forever for the texts to format properly then scroll through each page.

is there an alternate SMS reader or something that can read those PIMbackup files on the computer?

is there a solution that i can start using NOW so that it'll be easier to do what i'm asking above in the future?
i use microsoft myphone - should check it out ... its free and backs up all your info and you can logon online anytime and view and modify anything (contacts, docs, texts, calender, etc) and then sync to your phone.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Start using Microsoft MyPhone. It will upload all your txts then they are easily searchable by content, subject, sender/receiver, pretty much anything.

You also get 200MB of online storage so that you can archive old texts that you no longer need. 200MB goes a long way for txts.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

jac187 is just getting started

found this bit of info

There is only one file type now, which is .pib (Personal Information Backup), in fact it is just a zip file (so you can open it with a zip application) which contain the different text files used in PPCBckpContacts, so you can still extract these files, edit them on a pc using Excel or Notepad and eventually restore them without putting them back in the .pib file.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ckup-v2-8.html
Old 11-20-2009, 01:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500
Threadstarter

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

i just extracted the .pib file but the file for texts is a .pbm file that i can open with a word reader but it'll be formatted with spaces between each character.

cool i'll start using micrsoft's myphone from now on

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2