PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2/treo pro/mogul
Carrier: sprint

miketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good workmiketab is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
just a simple messaging rom 6.5.1

can anyone lead to a rom that is quick and very fast and stable for messaging mosty. I would like 6.5.1 with the friendly buttons and don't care for manila at all. I tried a few roms and cannot get it right. thanks in advance.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work
Re: just a simple messaging rom 6.5.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketab View Post
can anyone lead to a rom that is quick and very fast and stable for messaging mosty. I would like 6.5.1 with the friendly buttons and don't care for manila at all. I tried a few roms and cannot get it right. thanks in advance.
6.5.1 is not stable period... you want stable 6.1... you want reletively stable 6.5...

I personally like Mighty Mike and and Juicy's offerings.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by citats View Post
6.5.1 is not stable period... you want stable 6.1... you want reletively stable 6.5...

6.5.1 may not be rock solid, but it is plenty stable and getting better with each release. I am a big supporter of 6.5.1, but have not settled on a ROM I like. I would suggest trying Caulkins ROMS or his kitchen to get the results you are looking for. I am currently running his precooked 23506 ROM and putting it through it's paces. So far I like it.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

The only way to be really happy and get the ROM you're looking for (especially when it comes to light ROMs) is to cook one of your own. It's alot easier than you think, i just started getting into it but I was very pleasantly surprised with how easy these kitchens (SSK, Caulkin's) make it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by citats View Post

this doesn't answer the op's question at all. true 6.5.1 isn't the most stable sys but it is definitely stable enough for everyday use. i can't be without my phone for longer then 6 minutes or i might miss out on $. I run 6.5.1 and it is definitely stable enough for everyday use.
Google is the next skynet
Old 11-17-2009, 10:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

CrozB is becoming a great contributor

WM 6.5.1 titanium SYS build 23506.5.50 is working well for me. I had other 651 roms that would hang alot during text messaging especially when roating the screen. So far with this ROM i have had zero hangs in 1 week, and I message a lot. It is a pretty plane jane ROM but most things can be added via CABS if you choose.

-D
Old 11-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

karate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkarate134 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketab View Post
I was in a similar boat, though I do like "extras" in a ROM. Unfortunately, I had to settle with Mightymike's just because it's the most stable I've used. I've used Juicy's (which is an absolutely fun rom) and ENERGY (all of them).
People are right. Sometimes you'll have to just mess with two or three and find where your tolerance level is. Some people say 6.5.1 is "stable", but for me, I want my phone to work 99.99% of the time. 95% of the time doesn't cut it for me.
If you are curious, Mightymike's 98% of the time it's stable. Juicy's and Energy 90%.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Random Phones>>Treo 800w>>Touch Pro>>Touch Pro 2
Old 11-17-2009, 11:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
6.5.1 may not be rock solid, but it is plenty stable and getting better with each release. I am a big supporter of 6.5.1, but have not settled on a ROM I like. I would suggest trying Caulkins ROMS or his kitchen to get the results you are looking for. I am currently running his precooked 23506 ROM and putting it through it's paces. So far I like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
this doesn't answer the op's question at all. true 6.5.1 isn't the most stable sys but it is definitely stable enough for everyday use. i can't be without my phone for longer then 6 minutes or i might miss out on $. I run 6.5.1 and it is definitely stable enough for everyday use.
The op did not sound like he wanted experimental... I use 6.5.1 daily via Calk's kitchen and I don't mind the issues this sys currently has and to suggest the the sys gets better with each release is not too accurate as there are only 2 sys's out that I'm aware of... none the less I answered his question and recommended community approved chef's, I believe my advice is best for someone looking for something that work's.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 32GB HTC EVO

510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular510jungleboy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to 510jungleboy

SSK Roms are stable. He just release the latest cook rom today. I really like the MMS features that he has on the rom that just seem to work right off the bat.

On a side note: Users on this forum tends to overlook on his cooking due to the fact that he does not use FLASHY names to represent his ROMs. Give it a try, It's pretty smooth and stable ( 6.5 ) and you can try his 6.5.1 also.

Last edited by 510jungleboy; 11-18-2009 at 12:10 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2