PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 05:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2 (sprint)
Carrier: Virgin

koalia is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
voip???

i keep finding very different information on this topic, can voip be activated on win mobile on the tp2? and if so does it work for hspa (im in australia) and gsm not just wifi? and is there a easy way to do it for noobs? ive been reading threads for days and im so confused (also blond)
Old 11-17-2009, 05:31 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: voip???

Quote:
Originally Posted by koalia View Post
i keep finding very different information on this topic, can voip be activated on win mobile on the tp2? and if so does it work for hspa (im in australia) and gsm not just wifi? and is there a easy way to do it for noobs? ive been reading threads for days and im so confused (also blond)

Too funny. I'm not blond but I find this topic confusing as well. Luckily I don't need VOIP.
Hope you get an answer.
p.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

koalia is a n00b

thanks i hope so to also wondering what codecs win mobile uses for voip? (hoping its not just g.711)
Old 11-18-2009, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

niteriderxp is becoming a great contributor

I know that Windows Mobile supports VOIP natively, but configuring and getting it to work is a pain.

I use SJPhone myself for connecting to my VOIP provider. It hasn't been updated for WM6 and doesn't support high resolution screens, but it mostly works.
You can download it here:
http://www.sjphone.org/preview/SJpho...%28preview%29/

Apparently, there aren't many choices when it comes to generic SIP clients for WM.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

koalia is a n00b

they do seem hard to find and so far impossible to find one for my needs, i need a softphone that uses the G.729. codec. the G. 711 isnt very reliable here and the provider i want to go with only supports these 2 codecs. i contacted the developers of the G.729. codec to see if they where aware of any voip software for my needs and was told they didnt know but if i want to make one theyd help me out, my knowlege of software is limited to formatting my pc if anyone has any sugestions it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by koalia; 11-18-2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 11-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

compaq360 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to compaq360

@Koila

I've had great success with these two product for my TP2 on Sprint: Portsip(free) AgePhone Mobile(US$30). The Portsip app is very easy to setup, has preconfiged settings for some sip providers and it supports your codec. I couldn't get it to work with my sip provider(onesuite) because the username was too long and it affected inbound calls, but I could make outbound with no issues.

AgePhone Mobile has more config options and setup it a bit more involved but performs very well. However, it may not support your codec - just check it out on trial mode. AgePhone works flawlessly on wifi and my friends could hardly tell the difference when I used Sprint 3G. I have since moved to a data only plan and combined with my corporate discount, my bill is around $40 plus taxes per month.

I am also using Google Voice and since my sip provider(OneSuite) has free incoming calls , I don't have to pay anything except $2.95 per month for the DID number,etc.

I am in VOIP HEAVEN!!!!

Last edited by compaq360; 11-27-2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: proofreading
Old 11-27-2009, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i use sprint for voip with my airave...lol

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 11-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Lurker

compaq360 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to compaq360

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos View Post
i use sprint for voip with my airave...lol
Lol...sure. lug that airave with ya to the mall for all the voip u can get
Old 02-13-2010, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

borntochill is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by compaq360 View Post
@Koila

I've had great success with these two product for my TP2 on Sprint: Portsip(free) AgePhone Mobile(US$30). The Portsip app is very easy to setup, has preconfiged settings for some sip providers and it supports your codec. I couldn't get it to work with my sip provider(onesuite) because the username was too long and it affected inbound calls, but I could make outbound with no issues.

AgePhone Mobile has more config options and setup it a bit more involved but performs very well. However, it may not support your codec - just check it out on trial mode. AgePhone works flawlessly on wifi and my friends could hardly tell the difference when I used Sprint 3G.
I had PortSIP working nicely on my Sprint TP2 until I flashed to WM6.5 ROMs. With WM6.5, I can make and receive calls but others cannot hear me.

I then tried installing the AgePhone SIP client and had the exact same problem plus sound would only port from the top-mounted speaker instead of the earpiece. I mucked around with all the audio settings in both programs, but none would solve the problems.

I wonder if something was changed in the audio between WM6.1 and WM6.5? Perhaps there's a registry tweak that could fix this, but I'm not sure where to look.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2