PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a case that does not block speaker on back of Sprint TP2?
Yes! 22 78.57%
No i dont care about sound that much 6 21.43%
Dont have a Sprint TP2(but i wish i did) 1 3.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 11:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Anyone found a case thats designed specifically for Sprint TP2?

Was really hoping for Seidio Innocase but as MightyMikes pics show that one is also designed for generic TP2. As fellow Sprint users have surely noticed our TP2 has a huge speaker on the back of the phone that takes up about 55-65% of the backplate(and sounds amazing(when compared to TP(1)or iPhone3GS). Now i dont know if the entire thing is a speaker but from my experience if i put on the case that blocks it(Innocase for example(judging by pics)) it "dumbs" down the sound when TP2 is used in speaker mode(Speakerphone, listening to any media with sound). Has anyone found a decent case that actually provides good protection(as i am sure Innocase does) but has a cutout(or at least holes) that do not block the speaker on TP2?
Bodyguardz full case film has a nice cutout that goes precisely(if you put it on right(but that another story)) around the back speaker on Sprint TP2, now to find the case that does the same...

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 11-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP6945~Mogul~TP~TP2~EVO
Carrier: Sprint - RIP Sero Plan \ Current: BP F&F

demolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good workdemolasko is keeping up the good work
Re: Anyone found a case thats designed specifically for Sprint TP2?

y dont u just drill the holes in the seidio case??
Old 11-17-2009, 12:09 AM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

I have a Sprint TP2 and a Seidio case. The battery cover of the phone seems to just be a design, and the opening for the speaker on the Seidio case is where the real speakers are. Just take the battery cover off your phone and you'll see most of the phone is just where the battery is. The Seidio case fits perfectly on my Sprint TP2, better than the cheap ebay rubberized snap on case I had before. It's also less bulky than other cases. I don't find the sound muffled at all. Also the Seidio case has a larger opening than most other snap on cases.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-17-2009, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: sprint

mickeyleah is just getting started

the holes in the back are purely for design, if u take the back of u can see the speaker and the mesh that covers where the sound comes out. i have the sprint and verizon cases and they have the same sound despite the lack of wholes on the verizon version. so im sure the inocase would be perfect for the sprint version
Old 11-17-2009, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: t-mobile

Warlock-Weary is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarlock-Weary is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarlock-Weary is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yea .. I Got a : http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...ducts_id=17235

Saved My Phone Several Times !

Amazingly its saved my phone 3 times now ..

#1 Droped it from a ladder 12 feet !
#2 Flew out my car windows and landed on the street !!!
#3 Left it on my roof of the car and drove off !!

NOT a SCRATCH !! AMAZING !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor

This case is specifically designed for sprint. http://www.blujay.com/?page=ad&adid=...0&keywords=htc touch pro 2

I had this case and it was pretty good for the cost of it but i eventually switched over to the body glove snap on case that is made for verizon and sprint. Works pretty good and doesnt block the speaker. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170403089565

Pick your choice

Last edited by tallblazer124; 11-17-2009 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i bought a clear hard case from amazon.com for around $7.it is fairly nice.it has 4holes in the back that frees up some speakers.1 on each saide of cam/mute button one in the middle and one way at the bottom.i havent noticed a difference in sound so must be working doesnt add much bulk either.hope this helps.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35541; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Im rockin the tmobile oem case that I got off ebay. It was 12 bucks with shipping. It fits perfect and protects the phone.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

bro all the orange on the back of the sprint version is not the speaker.....if u actually look inside the battery cover u will see that there is only 2 spots where the orange part is cut to allow sound and the rest is solid and for looks....
Old 11-17-2009, 09:00 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

pictures on the last page courtesy of jmorton10 http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...bodyglove+case

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2