PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 12:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: S2U2 Vs Pocketshield

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaguzzler View Post
I have been using PS for a long time and i never have issues like this with it. I would try again. Also a note I do not use any of PS phone answering features just the lock part.
I have never had a single issue either, my phone has never frozen once with PS. Since dumping s2u2 & going to PS, there is NO WAY I would ever switch back.

It is important to uncheck all the boxes on the phone tab in the setup, as long as you do that it works perfectly (& I have used it in at least 6 different phones including my current VZ TP2)

I'm not sure why posters keep saying the graphics aren't as good, if you set it to unlock with light (& calibrate it correctly) it unlocks so fast you will barely even see the lock screen....

One thing I don't want to do is sit there looking at fancy graphics on a lock screen (especially when it is refusing to unlock instantly)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Buck View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I had issues with PS sleeping my phone right after starting various applications

That is an option in the settings, just turn it off.

The only way PS ever locks my system is when I hit the power button. Then it unlocks instantly when I push the button again & it senses light.

If it is pitch dark, it unlocks with a finger slide from top to bottom.

~John
Old 01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have never had a single issue either, my phone has never frozen once with PS. Since dumping s2u2 & going to PS, there is NO WAY I would ever switch back.

It is important to uncheck all the boxes on the phone tab in the setup, as long as you do that it works perfectly (& I have used it in at least 6 different phones including my current VZ TP2)

I'm not sure why posters keep saying the graphics aren't as good, if you set it to unlock with light (& calibrate it correctly) it unlocks so fast you will barely even see the lock screen....

One thing I don't want to do is sit there looking at fancy graphics on a lock screen (especially when it is refusing to unlock instantly)

~John
That's the problem. I couldn't even get to the config tab! Stock settings worked ok. But they had so many versions that you could not even get to the calibration tab on a tp2. I find that ps does funny things with the top of my task bar sometimes. I don't see the X-button unless I flip to landscape and back.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargorillaguzzler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999TL View Post
That's the problem. I couldn't even get to the config tab! Stock settings worked ok. But they had so many versions that you could not even get to the calibration tab on a tp2. I find that ps does funny things with the top of my task bar sometimes. I don't see the X-button unless I flip to landscape and back.
I don't think that is a PS problem i have not had that happen.

Edit: On a side note I am still on version 3.2.0.3 I have not updated to the newest because I heard there were some bugs is anyone running the newest version without problems?

Last edited by gorillaguzzler; 01-06-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

BK111968 is just getting started

I was using S2U2 on my device when I first got it and thought it looked pretty cool. The main reason I switched from that to PS is every once in a while the align screen mode would pop up and wouldn't go away until you ran through that. The "straw that broke the camel's back" was when I was in the car and that screen came up and I couldn't answer a call that was coming in.

I removed the program, installed PS and haven't had that issue since.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

BOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBOO B) is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaguzzler View Post
I don't think that is a PS problem i have not had that happen.

Edit: On a side note I am still on version 3.2.0.3 I have not updated to the newest because I heard there were some bugs is anyone running the newest version without problems?
I have newest and yes it still has bugs. I was running tests for them. They have since pulled the new version until they get it right. We know where the issue is its just figuring out a different way to turn shield on/off. If I do get a good version I will let you know. Until then only install what the current official release is and you will not have any issues.

BOO B)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

If you're looking for just a locking program then I would say go with PS.

But for me S2U2 is the one program I can't do with out. I use it as my home screen. It tells me everything I need to know. The time, date, battery status, and audio mode. It also displays my appointments and all notifications, tasks, emails, texts, mms, missed calls, voice mails, etc. If I tap on the task notification it displays all my tasks. If I tap on the email notification it displays my last email, etc. S2U2 also displays the weather forcast. And on top of all that it locks the phone. It also has a password option (does PS have this, I forgot).

When I first got my TP2 the current version of S2U2 had a terrible battery drain. I think that was v.2.04. So I used PS for a while. But the issue has been fixed with the last several versions so I'm back with S2U2. I basically have zero battery drain or any other problems.

Last edited by popdog54; 01-06-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Dorenda is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Dorenda Send a message via MSN to Dorenda Send a message via Yahoo to Dorenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog54 View Post

But for me S2U2 is the one program I can't do with out. I use it as my home screen. It tells me everything I need to know. The time, date, battery status, and audio mode. It also displays my appointments and all notifications, tasks, emails, texts, mms, missed calls, voice mails, etc. If I tap on the task notification it displays all my tasks. If I tap on the email notification it displays my last email, etc. S2U2 also displays the weather forcast. And on top of all that it locks the phone. It also has a password option (does PS have this, I forgot).

When I first got my TP2 the current version of S2U2 had a terrible battery drain. I think that was v.2.04. So I used PS for a while. But the issue has been fixed with the last several versions so I'm back with S2U2. I basically have zero battery drain or any other problems.
I agree with you. I always check the site for updates and s2u2 seems to get better and better! I have not experienced any battery drain issues with this phone period.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog54 View Post

+1! for sure
Old 01-17-2010, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC diamond
Carrier: Rogers

wangjun1972 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorenda View Post
I agree with you. I always check the site for updates and s2u2 seems to get better and better! I have not experienced any battery drain issues with this phone period.
Mine is HTC diamond with WM6.1. I have recently used latest version of both S2U2(2.2.4) and PS(3.2.7).
Actually I did't have any battery issue or crash with S2U2. Feature wise, I totally agree that S2U2 is definitely above PS. But the problem I had is bluetooth activated phone call. When I used bluetooth speakphone or headset then dialed number, the HTC dial pad will pop up in front of S2U2 lock screen which will be suppressed by S2U2 very quickly. Then when I ended a call by bluetooth button, the dial pad will pop up again. So if I left the phone in my pouch, both were the chance to get my phone miss operated(that did happen to me).
However, with PS(3.2.7) if I ended a call before the call was answered my phone will be unlocked. Based on user document, it is the PS design intention. This is even worse to me. Fortunately, I got a work around on PS v3.2.1 for my problem by doing some setting. I believe it must be v3.2.1 bug which however helped me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2