PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

earlesj is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hardware lights fail to shut off :(

Hey all. Somehow today after talking on the phone on my tp2 they hardware keys(the 4 on the bottom) do not shut off at all now. I'm not really sure whats going on im afraid its a hardware fault or something. i've tried resetting as well as re-flashing nothing fixed it sadly I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what could be the problem as well as if there is a program/cab file to disable the lights completely.

Thanks!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Hardware lights fail to shut off :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlesj View Post
Hey all. Somehow today after talking on the phone on my tp2 they hardware keys(the 4 on the bottom) do not shut off at all now. I'm not really sure whats going on im afraid its a hardware fault or something. i've tried resetting as well as re-flashing nothing fixed it sadly I'm wondering if anyone has any idea what could be the problem as well as if there is a program/cab file to disable the lights completely.

Thanks!
have you tried pulling the battery out, let it sit for a minute and put it back in?

Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

earlesj is a n00b

yeah i've tried that to no avail The lights are on and stay on as soon as the phone is turned on so I think its the hardware? Not really sure what to do I have the warranty with telus mobility think this is covered?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Have you tried to flash back to stock? if your on the stock Rom and it's still happening, sounds like hardware issues to me.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

earlesj is a n00b

Yeah ill give that a try once its downloaded.. think its covered under warranty? If so im gonna go in tomorrow and get this fixed.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlesj View Post
Yeah ill give that a try once its downloaded.. think its covered under warranty? If so im gonna go in tomorrow and get this fixed.
Should be but its always a fight trying to get warranty work done.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

This isn't a hardware issue. It has happened to me since the beginning.

I've tried stock ROMs, different radios, custom ROMs. All of them have the issue, even when no extra software is installed.

For the most part, it happens about 5 days after the flash, and recurs randomly after that.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

earlesj is a n00b

Really? So what have you come up with? It's never happened to me before. It started when I was on the phone... after 20mins or so could've started from the beginning I noticed that the button lights were on and did not shut off whatsoever during the call. I don't understand. Also the battery cover... probably 80% of the clips to hold it in place have broken has anyone else notice that they are pretty cheaply made? The only thing holding it in place is the stylus... sigh
Old 12-16-2010, 03:50 AM
BfA
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

BfA is a n00b

Was going to create my own post about this but thought I'd add to this one.

I just got my TP2 back from repair for the touch screen not working and the oily screen issue with it melting onto the layer below it. The repair was to replace the screen and bezel which actually worked excellently suprisingly as this was the second time having to send it in for the oily issue.

Anyway, now I have gotten it back and the hardware lights won't turn off at all. I've tried taking the battery out and turning it on again but no go.

Did anyone come up with any solutions or will I have to return it for a third ****ing time?

[Edit] Still has the stock rom which either I loaded before returning or they reinstalled. It's still unlocked though so I'm thinking of re-locking it before returning it.

Last edited by BfA; 12-16-2010 at 03:53 AM.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:58 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [sammich] View Post
This isn't a hardware issue. It has happened to me since the beginning.

I've tried stock ROMs, different radios, custom ROMs. All of them have the issue, even when no extra software is installed.

For the most part, it happens about 5 days after the flash, and recurs randomly after that.
i had it happen to me on my TP a few times but never on my TP2 yet and a soft reset fixed it
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2