PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

burowyako is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MMS Size Restrictions

I have tried searching for this topic but only found part of the answer that I'm looking for.

I am running the stock ROM with the standard MMS program. I want to be able to send larger MMS messages without compressing the data or being restricted to small file sizes. I read the thread below and performed some of the registry edits to allow me to send and receive larger messages.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42141

I put the registry edits to the test and sent a video message of 2.5 MB from my Touch Pro 2 to another Touch Pro 2 with the modified registry settings. I didn't have any issues sending or receiving the message but when I tried opening the file, it said the file was too large to be played on the device. I remember seeing this error on my old Touch Pro as well.

Yes, it would be easier to e-mail the files but I like the idea of sending them over the MMS program. Does anybody have an idea of how to fix this issue? I understand that most devices, no matter the carrier, won't be able to receive my larger messages. However, I'd like to at least send them to the people that I know can receive them. Any help is appreciated!
Old 11-14-2009, 11:53 AM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: MMS Size Restrictions

I am on Sprint and use the 5mb regedit no problem...
Old 11-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

burowyako is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
I am on Sprint and use the 5mb regedit no problem...
Has somebody sent you a 5 MB video via MMS and you've been able to play it? I'm able to send and receive but I get the message that says it's too large to play on this device.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Desire (Stock 2.2) & TP 2 (Energy GTX)
Carrier: US Cellular

money711 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burowyako View Post
Has somebody sent you a 5 MB video via MMS and you've been able to play it? I'm able to send and receive but I get the message that says it's too large to play on this device.
I have a USCC TP and I am having an issue receiving any video MMS running energy rom I receive them put the video does not move it is just a image file and an audio file. Are you running a custom rom on your TP2? I also did the reg edit previously and was able to send whatever size up to 9.3Mb files but can not receive any videos even if i send them directly to myself.

Let me know what you think about that.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

guys the physical MMS app will not play a video larger then 2mb you're wasting your time.

they did this to ensure if u send a vid to an older device they have 1) the space to download it and 2) the resolution is low enough there screen can view it. A little searching would have brought uop my previous posting on this issue

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-16-2009, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

so why want any videos play on my device at all regardless of size?
Old 11-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

something is broken i suggest trying my cab in the sprint tv thread its verified working. if that fails the rom your running is not set up correctly
Old 11-16-2009, 02:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
guys the physical MMS app will not play a video larger then 2mb you're wasting your time.

they did this to ensure if u send a vid to an older device they have 1) the space to download it and 2) the resolution is low enough there screen can view it. A little searching would have brought uop my previous posting on this issue
+1. Just email them people.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I am not on sprint. Has ur cab been proven to work for other carriers also? I am with US Cellular.

Last edited by money711; 11-16-2009 at 07:08 PM. Reason: wording

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2