PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

DaBrode is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DaBrode
Touch Pro 2 Screen Protectors (quick review)

So I wanted some screen protection for my new Sprint TP2. I found these and thought I'd give a brief review to help those in the market for screen protectors for the TP2 (Sprint).

I purchased the Pocket Solutions 3-pack found here:

http://www.thepocketsolution.com/PSI...Protector.html

Pros:
- Rubbery feel (stylus doesn't slide to another letter inadvertantly, flawless soft key typing! Overall touch response is great! see "Cons")
- No adhesive, reusable (static based application)
- Quick shipping!
- Very inexpensive
- Cheap
- Affordable
- Won't break the bank
- Yes, I'm bludgeoning you with this final point on purpose...

Cons:
- Rubbery feel (stylus wants to cling rather than slide making scrolling a bit tedious. Possibly just a getting-used-to kind of thing, but for now, annoying.)
- Size is a little smaller than it should be
- Overall shape is not rigid. Since it's smaller than the actual edges of the front panel by a noticable amount, you can see the edge of the protector quite easily. The material it's made from does not retain it's shape well when squeezing out the air bubbles and thus you get a wavy line along the edge of your screen rather than the nice clean straight edge other protectors offer.
- Poorly packaged (Protectors too large for the sleeve they were shipped in. Corners bent and caused application to be less than perfect, however still usable.) This was easily my biggest gripe. It was simple carelessness.

So...
Overall I find these to be usable but not ideal. They are a 3 pack and very cheap so if on a budget they will work, however I'm sure there are better options out there. It's too bad they didn't care enough to pack them better so the corners weren't frayed from the backing and weathered.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by DaBrode; 11-13-2009 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Touch Pro 2 Screen Protectors (quick review)

I informed The Pocket Solution about their shipping mishap via email shortly after posting this thread. I received a reply that i forgot to post here with a rather interesting solution. They offered me their HD Protector found here...

http://www.thepocketsolution.com/PSI...rotectors.html

...at no charge as a way to remedy my unsatisfied response. Very noble of them. I have yet to try it out but when i do I will update here.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Touch Pro 2 Screen Protectors (quick review)

UPDATE:

I received and applied the new HD Screen Protector Pocket Solutions offered me at no charge as a replacement to the protectors I originally ordered.

I must say for a static-based protector it's pretty decent. It's more rigid than the previous protectors and also much more resilient in both feel and appearance. Although it attracts fingerprints here and there it is actually MUCH better about fingerprints than an unprotected screen.

My two complaints are as follows...

- The edges have that foggy appearance as they don't adhere like the majority of the protector. (this seems to be the norm with Static-based protectors in my experience)

- The protector is not sized as tightly to the screen as I'd like it to be. It's a bit small overall. Now that I've seen the Sprint stock protector in person (my brother has it) I feel this should be about the same size covering the entire screen just about perfectly, right to the edges.

Overall I'd say it's a good inexpensive alternative to some of the $10-$20 protectors out there. I would actually recommend it to a friend or family member.

Find it here: http://www.thepocketsolution.com/PSI...rotectors.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2