PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 03:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mjmellin is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lack of free Apps

I am really disappointed with the HTC TP2. I got an opportunity to play with the Moto Droid and really wish I had held out for this phone. There are 1000s of free apps that are worthwhile. Unfortunately, I am unable to swap my phone out at this time as I am past my 30 day window. Verizon has not shown any love as they still haven't released 6.5 for the phone either. Does anyone know of good apps for the TP2?

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

bmxracer38 is a n00b
Re: Lack of free Apps

Look at the WM Market place or here in some of the touch pro/pro2/diamond/imagio forums there are some members who have big zip files u can download that have a bunch of apps in them. If that doesn't work then you can always do a google search for "wm apps" or "windows mobile apps"
Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

mjmellin is a n00b

I have done all that and I am quite disappointed. All I can say is really wish I had the Droid
Old 11-13-2009, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

you just need to know where to look for the apps... they are all over bro.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:06 PM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmellin View Post
I have done all that and I am quite disappointed. All I can say is really wish I had the Droid
Check your inbox. There are lots of free games and apps.
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

If you want winmo6.5 or even winmo6.5.1 you can always unlock your phone using Hard-SPL (thread here), then install any of the custom roms (thread here). Some of the custom roms actually integrate a lot of cool functions reducing the need for a lot of free apps. Also there are hundreds of thousands of free winmo apps out there, just google for them. There are probably more free winmo apps out there than on android or the iphone. If there are any specific kinds of apps you want just request them in the right forum.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
PPCGeeks Regular

DaBrode is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to DaBrode

Just so someone doesn't read the OP and think this is the overall general opinion...I just bought one and I'm blown away with the amount of apps.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:07 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

wow... that's the last complaint i'd expect to hear about windows mobile.... search dude... there's a TON of free apps.... i'd go so far to say that there's twice as many free apps as there are paid apps!
Old 11-13-2009, 04:07 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

mjmellin is a n00b

Apristel,

I'm sure you are correct. Could you direct me to the right places to look? BTW, I love your tweaks for MightyRom for the transparent slider and BG4all. Also, I really need a good GPS app being I can't get VZ Navigator to work. Unfortunately, I know my wife will not let me buy an app for that.

Thanks.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: S3/GN2/AXIOM/TP2/Hero/Moment/EVO
Carrier: *--USCC--*

apristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the communityapristel is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to apristel Send a message via Skype™ to apristel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmellin View Post
Apristel,

I'm sure you are correct. Could you direct me to the right places to look? BTW, I love your tweaks for MightyRom for the transparent slider and BG4all. Also, I really need a good GPS app being I can't get VZ Navigator to work. Unfortunately, I know my wife will not let me buy an app for that.

Thanks.

I wrote up some um instructions .. check your private messages on here.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2