PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 03:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

jsalh is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My Location Feature (using MightyRom)

Here is my problem:

Before I explain, I just want to make it clear I am not sure if this is a bug within MightyRom or if this is a bug in WinMo 6.5 - or if I am doing something wrong.

1. I have enabled the "my location" feature when getting the weather. When I check the weather it comes up with the correct weather and location when I travel throughout the lower mainland (Vancouver, Delta, Surrey, Abbotsford).

2. I set the clock on the today screen to My Location- and it shows the same location as the weather, with the correct weather, and the correct time.

3. Now here is the strange part, and before you ask - no I am not on drugs. It appears - that for some part of the day everything is correct, however, then at some random time - the time goes ahead by four hours (the weather is correctly displayed on the today screen as is the city). When I go and look at the time zone my phone is set to - it has automatically changed to GMT -4 Atlantic. When I go back to the clock and set the time to a selected city (i.e. Vancouver, BC) everything goes back to normal. If I change the time zone from GMT - Atlantic to local time; then all my appointments are moved ahead by 4 hours.

4. However, if I try this say late in the evening (after 2300hrs) - the time remains correct until about 10ish then it starts to jump ahead consistently.

I have tried all three releases of MightyRom, and the bug remains.

Anybody else having this problem? Or know the solution?

Thanks
Old 11-13-2009, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

AstronusX is keeping up the good workAstronusX is keeping up the good work
Re: My Location Feature (using MightyRom)

I have the same issue with Mightyrom regarding time zone (Pacific -> Mountain) switching that cause the hour to jump. I don't have resolution for it. I'm trying Energy Rom right now with my location on. I'll let you whether it is ROM issue or My Location issue.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, TP2, Pre, Pixi

newone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuffnewone757 knows their stuff

its safer to not use my location and just manually set up your time/weather. IMO our gps is spotty and like you said sometimes would shift me to a city i never even heard of for no apparent reason. especially when indoors where gps signal is weak. For me i just cant risk my alarm not going off because of this
Old 11-29-2009, 09:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

camscell is becoming a great contributor

I'm having the same issue if I update with my location with my wifi on at home with comcast it says I'm in denver colorado so I think it has something to do with the wifi on my side updating the location
EVO
Old 11-29-2009, 10:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstronusX View Post
I have the same issue with Mightyrom regarding time zone (Pacific -> Mountain) switching that cause the hour to jump. I don't have resolution for it. I'm trying Energy Rom right now with my location on. I'll let you whether it is ROM issue or My Location issue.

I live in san diego and I noticed the same bug , it is at night , and suddenly the weather moon goes away and hurraay , It is sunny at 1100 PM !
Old 11-30-2009, 12:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

rsmith0318 is a n00b

I'm not having the time jumping problem but I am having a problem with the weather not updating automatically. It will only update if I manually update it or if I am on the internet or have a GPS software running. I have mightyrom as well & have auto update checked.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:51 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Crossing my fingers -- but ever since I updated to the latest MightyRom (Nov25), the bug seems to have been corrected. For over 24 hours now my location and time have been correct while using the My Location feature.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:53 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

not for me though!
Old 11-30-2009, 06:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsmith0318 View Post
I'm not having the time jumping problem but I am having a problem with the weather not updating automatically. It will only update if I manually update it or if I am on the internet or have a GPS software running. I have mightyrom as well & have auto update checked.
The problem is with manila 2.1.

When I was running Mighty ROM I don't think my weather ever updated once on its own even though I had auto-update checked.

After a lot of research in a thread about exactly that, someone figured out that manila 2.1 only updates every 3 hours anyway which makes the home screen weather pretty useless.

I am now running Juicy's ROM & the manila 2.5 allows you to pick how often the weather updates (there is no way to change it in 2.1) & it actually works. I have mine set to update every 15 minutes & it's always correct now.

~John
Old 12-07-2009, 10:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I just noticed something regarding this whole time bouncing 3 hours ahead...if I keep my phone network settings to "Global" (Settings/Personal/Phone) - the correct time is maintained; if I change the phone network settings to CDMA Only - it moves three hours ahead.

I am using the latest version of MightyRom (Dec062009).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2