PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

hornguy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problems with WiFi connection on Sprint TP2

Hi everyone,

First off, if this has been answered elsewhere on the forums, please feel free to direct me there. The search function isn't the most helpful facet about this otherwise enjoyable website.

I picked up a Sprint TP2 five days ago, and have enjoyed the experience thus far. I am, however, at wit's end about my inability to get my phone to successfully receive data from a wireless network.

The phone will connect to a wireless network just fine, secure or otherwise. It just won't receive any data.

Data services work fine on the 1x Sprint network where I live. But when the phone is connected to a wireless network, or to a wireless network and Sprint simultaneously, I get nothing but error messages on the phone. I turn off wireless, all is well.

I have reset my router at home, changed the password, used WEP, WPA, WPA2, no security at all, nothing seems to matter. The phone connects to the network, gets an IP address, and then stares at it blankly and refuses to do anything. I've performed a hard reset, and that didn't do anything either.

Is there a setting that I'm overlooking on the phone that needs to be changed? Did I just get a lemon? Any input you have would be appreciated at this point. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

phattboy29 is a n00b
Re: Problems with WiFi connection on Sprint TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornguy View Post
Hi everyone,

First off, if this has been answered elsewhere on the forums, please feel free to direct me there. The search function isn't the most helpful facet about this otherwise enjoyable website.

I picked up a Sprint TP2 five days ago, and have enjoyed the experience thus far. I am, however, at wit's end about my inability to get my phone to successfully receive data from a wireless network.

The phone will connect to a wireless network just fine, secure or otherwise. It just won't receive any data.

Data services work fine on the 1x Sprint network where I live. But when the phone is connected to a wireless network, or to a wireless network and Sprint simultaneously, I get nothing but error messages on the phone. I turn off wireless, all is well.

I have reset my router at home, changed the password, used WEP, WPA, WPA2, no security at all, nothing seems to matter. The phone connects to the network, gets an IP address, and then stares at it blankly and refuses to do anything. I've performed a hard reset, and that didn't do anything either.

Is there a setting that I'm overlooking on the phone that needs to be changed? Did I just get a lemon? Any input you have would be appreciated at this point. Thanks in advance.
i'm having the same issue too with my Sprint TP2... if i find something, i'll check back
Old 12-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

Jaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuffJaybell4444 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Jaybell4444 Send a message via MSN to Jaybell4444 Send a message via Yahoo to Jaybell4444

Since I Flashed Mighty ROM all went well except....I have no access to my Wifi. Do I need a cab for this? Wifi is gone plus signal is very LOW! Any ideas guys? I'll get back if I find anything!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybell4444 View Post
Since I Flashed Mighty ROM all went well except....I have no access to my Wifi. Do I need a cab for this? Wifi is gone plus signal is very LOW! Any ideas guys? I'll get back if I find anything!

Don't know what problems you are having, but Wifi works on my TP2 with MM on it. I just tried it and turned airplane mode on and wifi on and it connected and went straight to PPCG. I don't know what is different, since I flashed it last night and didn't install any cabs yet on it.

Edit: I did notice though that when the screen went off and it turned it back on the Wifi Icon was gone from the taskbar, but Wifi still worked.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.

Last edited by mikejones13; 12-08-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: Verizon

lurker73 is a n00b

I'm having the same problem on a Verizon TP2 with MightyRom 11-25 installed. I've searched every wifi setting I could find on the phone with no luck. It worked before with an earlier MightyRom.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

phattboy29 is a n00b

hey guys, not sure if it has to do with the custom roms you are using, but i'm using a stock Sprint ROM, and after i went to settings and clicked on "update profile", i've had no further wifi issues
Old 12-08-2009, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Are you sure that your wireless router is working correctly? Have you checked your wireless network with another device to be sure that it is setup correctly?

Which wireless router are you using?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i760

lurker73 is a n00b

Wifi works on other devices (laptop, desktop, wife's iphone). I reset the router, no luck. I could reinstall or update the ROM to see, but I don't have the time to reinstall and configure everything right now.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2