PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Any way to totally disable data on an ATT Tilt 2? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96205)

Viper786 11-12-2009 04:09 PM

Any way to totally disable data on an ATT Tilt 2?

Hi, one of my buddies just bought a tilt 2 but does not have a data package. Is there a way to totally disable data on the tilt 2?

AZTECHKA 11-12-2009 04:14 PM

Re: Any way to totally disable data on an ATT Tilt 2?

I have a Sprint TP2 so... settings might be a little different. However if you go to the settings tab and check communications you can turn off data. I think it doesn't TOTALLY disable data. To be on the safe side I would call customer service and have them remove the IP address from my phone. I had to do this with one of my kids phones after he racked up 300 dollars worth of data on his phone.
p.

Viper786 11-12-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldehoyos (Post 1323117)
I have a Sprint TP2 so... settings might be a little different. However if you go to the settings tab and check communications you can turn off data. I think it doesn't TOTALLY disable data. To be on the safe side I would call customer service and have them remove the IP address from my phone. I had to do this with one of my kids phones after he racked up 300 dollars worth of data on his phone.
p.

Ouch! I have a sprint TP2 as well, and when I to the communications tab i can turn off data, but it'll automatically turn back on to update weather and stuff. I'm assuming his ATT tilt 2 would do the same thing

Vinnie007 11-12-2009 04:24 PM

ugh yah that sounds like a good question; gettin my tilt 2 nxt monday

AZTECHKA 11-12-2009 04:26 PM

Have your friend call ATT and I am sure they can help him with that. Sprint totally cut my son's phone off any data. OH..... I think it cuts off your texting too though. Just have him call.
p.

Vinnie007 11-12-2009 04:29 PM

the date package isnt that much, i think its only 20 dollars a month. i mean why have the tilt 2 if they want the data turned off. they'll need it to download MMS and stuff. might as well get the 20 dollar deal

jmorton10 11-12-2009 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldehoyos (Post 1323165)
data. OH..... I think it cuts off your texting too though
p.

texting does not need data but MMS does.

~John

japper88 11-12-2009 04:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You can install this cab (attached below). Just run the program after it installs and it has a toggle that lets you block all data or to allow it.

It worked flawlessly on the Sprint TP2 stock rom. It will probably work for a Tilt 2 as well.

AZTECHKA 11-12-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1323218)
You can install this cab (attached below). Just run the program after it installs and it has a toggle that lets you block all data or to allow it.

It worked flawlessly on the Sprint TP2 stock rom. It will probably work for a Tilt 2 as well.

Hell... I'm gonna thank you for this... I had no idea this even existed.
p.

There... I hit you right on the thanks.

Viper786 11-12-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by japper88 (Post 1323218)

Thanks, i'll have him try it out. Worked on my Sprint TP2 w/ Mightyrom.

Im trying to tell him to get data.. he'll enjoy the TP2 so much more!!