PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 02:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (stock 6.5)
Carrier: Sprint

goobergob is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
normal 3-way calling issue

I may be blind or stupid, but anyone notice that conference button only comes up when you call both parties? Is there an option to conference I'm missing when one line calls in?

case 1: I dial party B, put B on hold. I then call party C, and the Conference button appears and I am able to 3-way. yay.

case 2: I dial party B and then party C calls me. B is on hold, but instead of the Conference button, I have a Swap button. No button to conference.

case 3: same as case 2 but party B calls me first and then I dial party C. Swap button appears.

case 4: both party B and C call me. Swap button appears.

Nearly every phone I've had can still conference parties in. Am I missing something or is this option in a menu? Pretty ridiculous if it's not there...
Old 11-12-2009, 11:36 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: normal 3-way calling issue

no one else has had this issue/frustration trying to conference call?
Old 11-12-2009, 11:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic S2
Carrier: sprint

saj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsaj070 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobergob View Post
no one else has had this issue/frustration trying to conference call?
i believe you call first person then press the talk button and dial the second person and when he comes online then press the talk button again.

you do not need to put him on hold.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

i was wondering this i have never had the 'conference' button come up i almost thought i didn't have that functionality on mine...
Old 11-12-2009, 12:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saj070 View Post
i believe you call first person then press the talk button and dial the second person and when he comes online then press the talk button again.

you do not need to put him on hold.
that's correct, but i want to be able to conference when other people call in to me as well. this is pretty standard on phones. you shouldn't have to initiate both calls in order to conference.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

But if it only worked that way then every single time somebody calls you while your on the phone. It will automatically be a 3 way call. I personally wouldn't want that.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
But if it only worked that way then every single time somebody calls you while your on the phone. It will automatically be a 3 way call. I personally wouldn't want that.
not true, nothing automatically turns in to a 3way call but most phones have the option to conference or swap all parties in regardless of all the situations i mentioned. you shouldn't be limited to 3way calling to only when you dial both parties.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
not true, nothing automatically turns in to a 3way call but most phones have the option to conference or swap all parties in regardless of all the situations i mentioned. you shouldn't be limited to 3way calling to only when you dial both parties.
dude this doesn't make sense. the only way to have a 3 way call would be if one of the parties on the line initiate it. it would not make any sense to automatically conference in someone who calls you. people would accidently be talking to one girl and could possible conference in the other girl who is calling. you are trippin if you would want this service. mike jones is 100% correct.

also no phone has that option, you are making this up. no service in america lets you conference in the party that called you with the party that you were previously talking to.
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:07 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
dude this doesn't make sense. the only way to have a 3 way call would be if one of the parties on the line initiate it. it would not make any sense to automatically conference in someone who calls you. people would accidently be talking to one girl and could possible conference in the other girl who is calling. you are trippin if you would want this service. mike jones is 100% correct.

also no phone has that option, you are making this up. no service in america lets you conference in the party that called you with the party that you were previously talking to.
Do you use 3way calling? Every phone and service I've had allows you to conference or swap a call regardless of who initiates the call.

Just this morning, brother #1 calls me from his phone. brother #2 calls me and i had to put #1 on hold. no option to conference, just swap. I tell #2 to call #1 who is still talking to me. #1 conferences us all in.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:16 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Do you use 3way calling? Every phone and service I've had allows you to conference or swap a call regardless of who initiates the call.

Just this morning, brother #1 calls me from his phone. brother #2 calls me and i had to put #1 on hold. no option to conference, just swap. I tell #2 to call #1 who is still talking to me. #1 conferences us all in.
dude you are trippin. do you use 3way? everybody please feel free to chime in. you can only use 3way calling if you initiate the both calls. if youre on the line and someone calls you, NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO CONFERENCE BOTH OF THOSE CALLS, EVER. you can swap between calls if someone calls you but the ability to conference in a caller that calls you while you are on the line already is not possible nor has it ever been possible.

if brother 1 calls you, then either you or brother 1 have the ability to call brother 2 and conference him in. but if brother 1 calls you, then brother 2 calls you, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO CONFERENCE THAT CALL.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2