PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 07:19 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Official SPB Mobile Shell 3 Breaks TP2 Dialer's Contacts Options Thread; fixable?

It's become clear that Mobile Shell 3 does, in fact, break options on the phone dialer.

How MS3 Fails with newer HTC devices:

- disables left soft key when you bring up the dialer
- disables the contact button next to each contact in the call history of the dialer
- disables menu>open contact on the dialer screen
- disables the 5 buttons at the bottom of the incall screen during a phone call (although this one is strange because those buttons will actually disappear if you disable ms3)

I didn't notice any problems with my touch pro, but it seems that the software butts heads with the tp2. I even checked to see if it's because of touchflo since everything works while tf3d is enabled... i disabled tf3d AND ms3 and guess what.... everything works on the dialer. Clearly a ms3 problem.

The threads below over at spbclub.com shows how long this complaint has been ongoing. Apparently they think it's caused by cooked ROMs even though people have been telling them the problem occurs on stock TP2s too (for months). What terrible customer service. They charge $30 for something that breaks basic phone functions? Then they refuse to acknowledge the problem and fix it... I love ms3, but this is ridiculous.

I encourage every ms3 user to complain, so they get off their lazy asses. It's one thing for them to take a month to solve this issue... but this has been a problem since May.

http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25814
http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25163
http://www.spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25327
http://spbclub.com/forum/viewtopic.p...er=asc&start=0

Now if there's anyone that knows possible registry edits to get back some of these functions, i'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 09-22-2009 at 07:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Re: Official SPB Mobile Shell 3 Breaks TP2 Dialer's Contacts Options Thread; fixable?

I'm certain it's a combination of TF3D being disabled and having MS3. It's definitely MS3 not playing nicely, but based on a lot of other tweaks I've been making, it's not at all impossible that the TP2 is using different registry values for these keys than MS3 is trying to use.

If it's a registry setting... I'll find it. This is officially on my project list.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:20 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Official SPB Mobile Shell 3 Breaks TP2 Dialer's Contacts Options Thread; fixable?

You wouldn't happen to have the Bluetooth toggle issue on your list, too, would you?

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 09-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one
Threadstarter

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post

If it's a registry setting... I'll find it. This is officially on my project list.
sweet! I hope you can find something... it really is driving me crazy. I was willing to just forget it and live with it, but seeing how spb doesn't even seem to care just gets to me. Good luck on the hunt and us ms3 users are hopeful.=D>
Old 09-22-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung EPIC 4G
Carrier: WIMAX 4G

popularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpopularbelief420 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to popularbelief420 Send a message via Yahoo to popularbelief420

wow. i really thought it was my phone. i didn't care since i use picture contacts to call everyone. thank you!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
You wouldn't happen to have the Bluetooth toggle issue on your list, too, would you?
Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer so this one isn't something I can fix.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Glad someone else has pointed this out.

The biggest annoyance for me is if I click the send key from the home screen to bring up the dial I cannot hit the Contacts soft key.

On one of my pages back on the home screen I have my favorite contacts and an MS3 shortcut to MS3s contact manager, so that works, but wish I could get to it from hitting the dialer key out of habit.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

kdonahue is becoming a great contributor

Ugh. And with TF3D and the PIN lock enabled, you get the default to home screen problem. Now trying to decide which is the least annoying.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 AM
Bringer of Good Things

Well, the bad news is that I'm not really finding anything in the registry, which suggests its an API hook directly in the MobileShell.exe itself. That's bad, because it puts us at the mercy of Spb.

On the other hand, there are ways (better ways, actually) around it by using the actual Contacts screens in the MS3 interface. So really it's probably more of a retraining issue until Spb gets off their butts and fixes it.

As for the TF3D/pinlock, I thought there were ways around that too... but I could be mistaken.

I'll keep digging as I get time, but a quick search of the registry didn't reveal anything promising, and for now I gotta get back to work.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

SooooneR is a n00b

Im running the latest version of SPB I believe build 6501 with a touch pro2. I'm not having any of the issues at all. I'm running the sense theme that looks like the hero and not running TF3D at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2