PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Telus - HTC Touch Pro 2 - Data Connection Error (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96171)

samsoumeh 11-12-2009 12:34 PM

Telus - HTC Touch Pro 2 - Data Connection Error

Good morning all,

I have bought the HTC Pro 2 on Sunday from Telus... and since then I could not get a data connection. Telsu opened a ticket with their techies...no resolution yet. I was using an HTC Touch Diamond with no issues

Caption of error:

Data Call Failure
Error Code:8
Service not activated on the network

Anyone else is experiencing this?

S.

remsad 11-12-2009 10:14 PM

Re: Telus - HTC Touch Pro 2 - Data Connection Error

There is a known issue. My ticket is open since last friday. They say that Telus server can't make a profile when a new activation come from TP2... no ETA

gtman2000 11-12-2009 10:50 PM

I just got my Touch Pro 2 yesterday and have the same issue, I keep calling in about every 6 hours to find out what is going on but there is still no answer. They are saying it might be something with the phone's and my guess would be maybe a radio update of some sort might come down the pipe ? Really a kick in the pants considering i just paid full price for a phone that half works.

maxfree 11-12-2009 11:52 PM

I dude

I work for Telus and i activate many Pro2 until last week and they have all same problem. I think the problem is about the new network and HSDPA!

Be patiente my friend...use your WI-FI

creeper21 11-13-2009 09:12 AM

same issue here.

really annoying.

gtman2000 11-13-2009 09:38 AM

When i purchased the phone should they not have informed me that the data connection would not work?. A simple " O be the way were have having issue's with data and this phone"

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxfree (Post 1324533)
I dude

I work for Telus and i activate many Pro2 until last week and they have all same problem. I think the problem is about the new network and HSDPA!

Be patiente my friend...use your WI-FI

northernpenguin 11-13-2009 09:43 AM

I've had my TP2 since the day they came out back in July. Haven't experienced any real data connection problems - although I am noticing I've lost data for a few minutes a couple times today.

HSDPA is unlikely to be affecting the TP2, as our phones don't make use of that network at all (in Canada anyway). Had it reiterated to me at a Telus corporate event two days ago that the current CDMA/EvDO devices will not be getting a firmware/radio update to support HSDPA ... including the TP2 and other devices like the Blackberry Tour.

av8nwithtouch 11-13-2009 09:49 AM

Hang tight. Hopefully they resolve it for you guys soon. I've had my tp2 since September and I'm lovin it!

Mr. X 11-13-2009 10:21 AM

Mine was resolved fast, took 2 days and they fixed this error for me. Its not an issue of the network not creating the profile. its an issue of it being corrupt. what they did for me is shut my service off for about 10min..... then had me pull the battery they recreated my profile and then i booted and all was well. didn't even have to do the *22803 OTA

robdev 11-14-2009 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samsoumeh (Post 1322387)
Good morning all,

I have bought the HTC Pro 2 on Sunday from Telus... and since then I could not get a data connection. Telsu opened a ticket with their techies...no resolution yet. I was using an HTC Touch Diamond with no issues

Caption of error:

Data Call Failure
Error Code:8
Service not activated on the network

Anyone else is experiencing this?

S.

I purchased a Telus HTC Snap about 2 weeks ago and have the same problems that you are having and the same error messages as well. Was told that some 80 people have the same problem, a ticket was issued but no estimated time of resolution is available. They tell me to keep removing my battery at different times of the day to get radio updates as it is a know problem.