PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

hangyourcross is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
major problems with my "new" used phone

I just purchased a Used TP2 and received it yesterday. I'm very new to this and am rather confused about how to fix the phone. It's been relfashed with energy it looks like. When trying to activate the phone with sprint, the steps they have don't coincide with where the actually things are on the phone.

After about a couple of hours of messing with it, I finally got voice and text to work. However, data will not work, I can not change the username (email address) that's in the spot. Whenever I click the start menu it brings me to some bs program called Arkswitch. I get errors 67 and 777.

I tried reflashing back to stock 6.5 with a SD card, it's not working despite having the file name being RHODIMG.nbh. I tried to reflash via a data cable I just purchased, and the phone connects to the computer, but each program I downloaded is giving me an error message and closing.

Please, I need some help to get it back to stock so I can use the phone.

Thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 10:39 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: major problems with my "new" used phone

You need the profile updater, I am attaching it, once you install it and soft reset go to

Start/setting/System/update profile.

That should do the trick.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MR.X_Sprint_PRL_FW_Profile_Update.cab (739.1 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hangyourcross is a n00b

thank you for the cab. it updated and now i have data.

however, i don't have a start menu at the top left corner of the screen. when i click it, it goes to Arkswitch. Is there a way i can fix it?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:11 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangyourcross View Post
thank you for the cab. it updated and now i have data.

however, i don't have a start menu at the top left corner of the screen. when i click it, it goes to Arkswitch. Is there a way i can fix it?
is the start menu in the bottom left instead?

Old 07-07-2010, 11:20 AM

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

also, you should be able to access the start menu by pressing the windows hard button, but i understand youd just want the phone to work right. how do you know its energy rom? on energy, the bottom left softkey will be action menu. i hate to advocate it, but whenever i get a new phone,(even used) i always hard reset them. did you try that before you tried to flash it? if your getting a lot of errrors trying to flash, there is a chance it still is stock and not unlocked. youll never know till you know what rom it is.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hangyourcross is a n00b

The previous owner told me it's Energy. The hard reset does not make it go back to Win 6.1, it just keeps it at whatever the energy rom is. But, now with that cab installed I am not getting errors.

Before the cab, there wasn't an update profile in the system's folder. now there is.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
is the start menu in the bottom left instead?
Not if your using a 6.5.x OS, to my knowledge, MightyROM's Full Force is the only ROM that is running 6.5.x with the start button at the top left.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:39 AM

the hard reset should only take it back to the original state of the rom its loaded with. i just to it to clear out anyting the previous owner or tech or whoever may have installed or changed. like a clean canvas. if its energy ro, it should have carrier provisioning under tools in the start menu. that may clear up service related stuff. so to clarify, you have hard reset, and you still cant access the start menu by pressing it?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

couple ideas...
1) make sure your sd card is formatted to FAT32. anything else will not work.
2) make sure the .nbh file does not have double extensions (.nbh.nbh)
3) theres a possibility ( however weird it would be) that the previous owner relocked the phone with energyROM on it...
Old 07-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

hangyourcross is a n00b

the phone and internet works.

however, the phone is laggy as hell, and when i text and press send the texts don't come up on the screen, so im not sure if they are sent or not. not having much fun with this phone.

it also takes forever to start up from a reset. anyway i can disable the beginning clip of the colorful rays?

Last edited by hangyourcross; 07-13-2010 at 12:26 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2