PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 09:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: So why we upgrade the ROM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim-X View Post
I think 6.5 sucks - it slows down the phone more than 6.1. I'm trying to suck it up and get used to it since that is all there is gonna be. Since htc overlays just about everything in windows mobile I don't know why people like 6.5 so much - The stock rom ran faster than the new mighty
+1 I'm hoping (standing on one foot with a beer in one hand and my tp2 in the right while singing the manchester united song) that a 6.1 rom will be released.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 11-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Its not worth upgrading, your just wasting your time IMO. You can tweak it with all the cool features like internet sharing and wifi router. I like this phone so much, I'd rather use it this time around instead of always updating the ROM like I did on my TP1. Anyways, I'm going to wait this out until Sprint comes out with the official 6.5.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

^ I tried all the ROMS out now, and each have their ups and downs, but stock is by far the fastest. After doing update released for MR my phone would randomly HARD reset itself.. Very annoying as it killed the SD card second time around. Don't know if it was a software conflict or what, but I'm sporting Sprint stock rom again, and running Mobile Shell 3.5 + MSkip's theme package, which makes it a whole lot nicer looking.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Yea, I tried MightyRom but it was hard-reseting the phone randomly. I have all the same programs installed on my stock 6.1 with no problems. Just thought it would be easier to flash and go, but it's not. I don't have too much time to tinker anymore.
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Interesting that I've had the exact opposite experience... I thought stock was atrocious, and it was on two different TP2s...I had constant soft resets and occasional involuntary hard resets...I was ready to return this unit for another model when the unlocker hit and I decided to try a couple custom ROMs...all of my issues vanished completely...I only have to soft reset once or twice a week now instead of literally 15-20 times a day on stock...I am on Juicy now and like the interface a lot... to each his own imho...
Old 11-12-2009, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

I liked the stock ROM, I tweaked it HEAVILY. But the Mighty ROM is still vastly superior IMO. Runs perfectly, its faster, doesn't have a ton of bloatware I had no use for. The only thing I truly miss is a glass flip clock, which I'm sure will happen soon enough
Old 11-13-2009, 12:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

GatorDeb is a n00b

Just wondering, how do you Flash back to the stock rom?
Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

freekboy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
+1 I'm hoping (standing on one foot with a beer in one hand and my tp2 in the right while singing the manchester united song) that a 6.1 rom will be released.
Completely agree. No disrespect to the great folks like Juicy, but the 6.5 ROMS really have been much slower than the stock rom from sprint. This is my third HTC device (Diamond, Touch Pro, now Touch Pro2) and this is a first. Usually performance really improves with ROMs - but it hasn't been the case for this ROM.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

mjcole2003 is keeping up the good workmjcole2003 is keeping up the good work

im using leo energy rom 23504 and i am enjoying it much more than i did with the stock rom. As for speed... seems fast to me. Key board works on text messages but not on the opera search bar ( whichis no big deal). Battery life seems good to me as well. for now im sticking with thisrom untill he updates it.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Shift/Bold

tr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartr0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to tr0s Send a message via Yahoo to tr0s Send a message via Skype™ to tr0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDeb View Post
WiFi tethering? Is that the same thing as turning the phone into a Wireless Access Point? Haven't tried it yet but I know I can turn it into a secured WAP for my iPod Touch.
this boggles my mind.... why the need for the ipod touch? a microSD is much much cheaper

"Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -- F. Bueller

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2