PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: normal 3-way calling issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
dude you are trippin. do you use 3way? everybody please feel free to chime in. you can only use 3way calling if you initiate the both calls. if youre on the line and someone calls you, NOBODY HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO CONFERENCE BOTH OF THOSE CALLS, EVER. you can swap between calls if someone calls you but the ability to conference in a caller that calls you while you are on the line already is not possible nor has it ever been possible.

if brother 1 calls you, then either you or brother 1 have the ability to call brother 2 and conference him in. but if brother 1 calls you, then brother 2 calls you, YOU WILL NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO CONFERENCE THAT CALL.
CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL mah brotha. See here's the problem everybody here is just used to CDMA (Sprint/Verizon) and have never really used GSM (T-Mobile/ATT)

This is one of the stupider (yeah I said it) things that CDMA users gotta deal with. With GSM if you are on the phone with someone and someone else calls you there are 2 options either A) Go to the other line and talk to that person while the first person is on hold or B) Connect the second person that called you into a "conference call". With CDMA YOU have to call everyone with GSM you can do that OR have the 2 people call you.

This is why there is no "Straight Talk" feature on the CDMA Touch Pros because of the stupid *** way the network works. With GSM Touch Pro's you can connect like 5 people all through YOUR phone.
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 11-12-2009, 04:46 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL mah brotha. See here's the problem everybody here is just used to CDMA (Sprint/Verizon) and have never really used GSM (T-Mobile/ATT)

This is one of the stupider (yeah I said it) things that CDMA users gotta deal with. With GSM if you are on the phone with someone and someone else calls you there are 2 options either A) Go to the other line and talk to that person while the first person is on hold or B) Connect the second person that called you into a "conference call". With CDMA YOU have to call everyone with GSM you can do that OR have the 2 people call you.

This is why there is no "Straight Talk" feature on the CDMA Touch Pros because of the stupid *** way the network works. With GSM Touch Pro's you can connect like 5 people all through YOUR phone.
i understand this, the frustration is coming in when he says he has done this before. he is a sprint customer according to his tag, if he has sprint, he is lying and never has done this. this is my point. also he writes with all other phones this would work, which is also a lie.
Google is the next skynet

Last edited by p-slim; 11-12-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
i understand this, the frustration is coming in when he says he has done this before. he is a sprint customer according to his tag, if he has sprint, he is lying and never has done this. this is my point.
idk maybe he just got Sprint. He could've been a T-Mobile head before and realized how lame their 3G network was and switched. Or smoked too many Ls and thought he did it before lmao
Old 11-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
idk maybe he just got Sprint. He could've been a T-Mobile head before and realized how lame their 3G network was and switched. Or smoked too many Ls and thought he did it before lmao
i wasn't aware that gsm networks had this ability. I wouldn't want this, someone could accidently conference in 2 parties that you would definitely not want talking 2. if sprint did this, i would have to go to another company, i would be in too much trouble.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 (stock 6.5)
Threadstarter

goobergob is just getting started

alright, I was mistaken on the both parties calling me. but other cases where one party calls in, you can hold the 1st call, call the 3rd party and conference everyone in. it's just not intuitive on the tp2. tried on a Droid and it was so simple.

just tested out Sprint situations with a TP2, mogul, and landline.

sorry if i caused an uproar...all resolved.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobergob View Post
alright, I was mistaken on the both parties calling me. but other cases where one party calls in, you can hold the 1st call, call the 3rd party and conference everyone in. it's just not intuitive on the tp2. tried on a Droid and it was so simple.

just tested out Sprint situations with a TP2, mogul, and landline.

sorry if i caused an uproar...all resolved.
you're good, i just wanted to make sure others weren't confused. glad you got it figured out.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: rogers

maedhros is keeping up the good workmaedhros is keeping up the good work

Quote:

I dont know if this has been resolved yet, but try pressing FLASH rather then conference.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
i wasn't aware that gsm networks had this ability. I wouldn't want this, someone could accidently conference in 2 parties that you would definitely not want talking 2. if sprint did this, i would have to go to another company, i would be in too much trouble.
Believe me it's not THAT easy. It like your on the phone with your mans, then your other mans calls you on the other line, you switch to him, hit options/menu and then conference or connect all to connect both calls.

It's not something that could ever happen automatically or by accident you actually have to go through like 2 menus to do it on 99% GSM phones. If someone did it by accident then they're just a flutz and shouldn't bother using cellphones at all.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2