PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Graphics acceleration coming with Verizon 6.5 update! [unconfirmed]

I've got quite a few friends who work at Verizon (sales, managers, corporate, etc) and the latest news that's been floatin' around (aside from the Verizon stockpile in accordance with the Microsoft 6.5 release party) is that HTC will include graphics acceleration for the Verizon model (I'm guessing it'll be for all TP2's since it's silly to just do it on the Verizon model). Graphic acceleration = video drivers!

The reason we have a "ok" experience with the 6.1 release is because HTC rushed to get the phone out..the OS wasn't ready yet (it was supposed to launch with 6.5). Development for "entertainment" features were postponed since it is a "business" phone. No word on the FM being unlocked but that's more of a carrier thing than a HTC thing. Again, this is just rumor for now, it hasn't been confirmed or denied by any "official" (meaning publicly proven) medium but at least we have some hope (for all those *****ing...yeah, I'm looking at you Exil3d).

Last edited by RonDutt; 10-01-2009 at 01:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: Graphics acceleration coming with Verizon 6.5 update! [unconfirmed]

Well if this was true, im pretty sure the unlocked euro version would have gotten the update? unless it comes with 6.5, but even then there are a lot of people who have the leaked 6.5 roms for the device. I'm sure we would have gotten some info on this.
Exiled is right HTC is slacking big time with drivers, theres no excuse, cept there too cheap

We have the acceleration already, just not the proper drivers, so it makes it kinda pointless
Old 10-01-2009, 02:08 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Hmmm duno about this we shall see
Old 10-01-2009, 02:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

DanteDrac is just getting started

That would be truly awesome to see. I guess we will know shortly in a few weeks.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

We should know by tomorrow or Friday actually, the 6.5 rom is being sent to Verizon for testing/training...you KNOW someone is gonna leak it/blurp about it
Old 10-01-2009, 03:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

omg wow do we really need to be feeding exile much? just leave him out and this thread will be fine.

happy for the possibility of drivers though.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:41 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

very skeptical of the graphics acceleration coming on vzw I'll wait to see it on my device I suppose
Old 10-01-2009, 07:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Yea, I'm pretty sceptical myself but we can always hope I guess......

~John
Old 10-01-2009, 08:09 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I am pretty pretty sceptical also, they have promised so many times about these drivers on the letter that had been sent that people here and elswhere responsed to. So many times it was promised on past Roms by HTC. http://www.htcclassaction.org/
Old 10-01-2009, 08:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

When pigs fly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2