PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Proximity Sensor for Windows Mobile Standard Dialer (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=96083)

phoenix316 11-11-2009 10:46 PM

Proximity Sensor for Windows Mobile Standard Dialer

I switched from the HTC to the Windows Mobile Dialer and would like to have the light sensor work, but I can't find a registry edit to make it happen.

Any advice would be appreciated.

phoenix316 11-12-2009 06:52 PM

Re: Proximity Sensor for Windows Mobile Standard Dialer

Bump to see if anyone has an answer.

Nagrom Nniuq 11-13-2009 12:34 AM

I am interested in this as well.

MrGoodCat 12-19-2009 03:27 PM

bump. i just switched to the winmo dialer and would love to have this feature back. it seems all threads pertaining to this topic have no answer...

anyone got an idea?

JaxChris 12-20-2009 07:13 PM

What you are asking for isn't a simple fix. It would require a new program be made and left running in the background at all times to monitor the sensor. That feature is device specific and isn't a standard WinMo feature call in the OS. It is something written into the HTC dialer to take advantage of hardware that HTC knows is there. WinMo doesn't require such hardware so the functions won't be there to support hardware that isn't standard across all platforms.

This is why WinMo7 will be very extensive in its list of device requirements - to better the conformity of the user experience from device to device. Plus it will allow people to make WinMo apps that work on all WinMo7 devices and not make device specific software (which is how the WinMo exosystem currently writes software).

Jalupinja 12-20-2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxChris (Post 1427520)
What you are asking for isn't a simple fix. It would require a new program be made and left running in the background at all times to monitor the sensor. That feature is device specific and isn't a standard WinMo feature call in the OS. It is something written into the HTC dialer to take advantage of hardware that HTC knows is there. WinMo doesn't require such hardware so the functions won't be there to support hardware that isn't standard across all platforms.

This is why WinMo7 will be very extensive in its list of device requirements - to better the conformity of the user experience from device to device. Plus it will allow people to make WinMo apps that work on all WinMo7 devices and not make device specific software (which is how the WinMo exosystem currently writes software).

Seriously? Sounds simple to me, lol! Extract, cut, paste!

azclown 12-20-2009 07:57 PM

^^^ Then get it done for the rest of us......

master pda dude 11-27-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azclown (Post 1427576)
^^^ Then get it done for the rest of us......

Somone already did... for the HD2. But it works for TP2/Tilt2 as well with the default dialer.
[APP] Proximity Sensor for Screen Off v0.2 - xda-developers