PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: us cellular

hunter7773 is keeping up the good workhunter7773 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MobiTV?

tried it on mine and my wifes phones, workd 1 day then when it loads go to wat we wanna watch, says problem loadin video on everything. im on purplehaze rom (timberwolf) wife is on stock.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

weims09 is keeping up the good workweims09 is keeping up the good work

I installed it on my Sprint TP2 and when I tabbed the "Start Trial" button, an error message popped up:

"A problem occurred while unsubscribing to this package. Please call customer care."

Does anyone encounter the similar problem. Or does anyone know how to fix this?
Old 04-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by weims09 View Post
I installed it on my Sprint TP2 and when I tabbed the "Start Trial" button, an error message popped up:

"A problem occurred while unsubscribing to this package. Please call customer care."

Does anyone encounter the similar problem. Or does anyone know how to fix this?

This is common and happens from time to time, I flash to a new Rom and start all over from scratch all the time. Its hit or miss, I might get that message sometimes more than others. Simply exit and try again, or wait a few and try again. If this does not work then soft reset or hard reset and try again. It usually never gives me any problems and I have loaded it on many different WinMo devices. And for the free TV its worth the trouble. Whatever you do if it asks you to upgrade hit exit, and follow the same steps to relaunch the regular version.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

weims09 is keeping up the good workweims09 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
This is common and happens from time to time, I flash to a new Rom and start all over from scratch all the time. Its hit or miss, I might get that message sometimes more than others. Simply exit and try again, or wait a few and try again. If this does not work then soft reset or hard reset and try again. It usually never gives me any problems and I have loaded it on many different WinMo devices. And for the free TV its worth the trouble. Whatever you do if it asks you to upgrade hit exit, and follow the same steps to relaunch the regular version.
Thank you for sharing the experience.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: verizon

timsmooth is just getting started

Hi guys and gals, I have a question. I am one of those people who likes to read eulas and I happened to read this one. How does it work when the trial is actually up. I noticed it says they will automatically enroll you in a subscription afterward without your notice. Has anybody noticed any extra charges for 9.99 a month. I noticed on the mobi tv website they are in cooperation with all the carriers. Has anyone used it until the trial is up? What happened when it was finished? Did the program do a fail attempt at locking you out?

Anyway I will note that by just navigating to the file in programs folder you can delete the eula and trial agreement and the trial starts over at 30 days?
Old 04-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by timsmooth View Post
Hi guys and gals, I have a question. I am one of those people who likes to read eulas and I happened to read this one. How does it work when the trial is actually up. I noticed it says they will automatically enroll you in a subscription afterward without your notice. Has anybody noticed any extra charges for 9.99 a month. I noticed on the mobi tv website they are in cooperation with all the carriers. Has anyone used it until the trial is up? What happened when it was finished? Did the program do a fail attempt at locking you out?

Anyway I will note that by just navigating to the file in programs folder you can delete the eula and trial agreement and the trial starts over at 30 days?

No need to worry about the automatic renewal of your subscription, unless your an actual subscriber. When you use the trial period in relation to your carrier all that matters at this point is data usage. You the user has not yet subscribed to anything. You are using a free trial app and your carriers data to access its services.

I own a TP2 and an HD2. The cab I posted can be used over and over on the TP2 as well as other devices. I flash my phones rom atleast once every 3days. And every time I install the cab I provided on the storage card it works like a charm. In the worst conditions it will ask me to upgrade a few times (hit exit) until I soft reset and then beat the system before it asks me to upgrade again. Once I do that Im in, and using the service free of charge. Its been like that for me for over a month.

The trial cab will ask you to upgrade in order to install the upgraded cab which is able to tell if your using an HD2 or not(upgrade cab will not work on non HD2 devices), and it forces you to install the upgrade cab to the device and not the storage so it can see how many days you have left of free trial on your HD2.

Funny thing is It looks like Ill be running the cab on my TP2 long after the free service has expired on my HD2. If you don't upgrade, the service cant tell what device your on or how many days you have left.

I don't mind a simple soft reset for free TV. Hope this clears it up for you. Your safe. just don't install to your device. And avoid upgrading, if it still persists, soft reset, launch app, quickly choose trial period, and your good to go.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

rawdigga is a n00b

Quote:
No need to worry about the automatic renewal of your subscription, unless your an actual subscriber. When you use the trial period in relation to your carrier all that matters at this point is data usage. You the user has not yet subscribed to anything. You are using a free trial app and your carriers data to access its services.

I own a TP2 and an HD2. The cab I posted can be used over and over on the TP2 as well as other devices. I flash my phones rom atleast once every 3days. And every time I install the cab I provided on the storage card it works like a charm. In the worst conditions it will ask me to upgrade a few times (hit exit) until I soft reset and then beat the system before it asks me to upgrade again. Once I do that Im in, and using the service free of charge. Its been like that for me for over a month.

The trial cab will ask you to upgrade in order to install the upgraded cab which is able to tell if your using an HD2 or not(upgrade cab will not work on non HD2 devices), and it forces you to install the upgrade cab to the device and not the storage so it can see how many days you have left of free trial on your HD2.

Funny thing is It looks like Ill be running the cab on my TP2 long after the free service has expired on my HD2. If you don't upgrade, the service cant tell what device your on or how many days you have left.

I don't mind a simple soft reset for free TV. Hope this clears it up for you. Your safe. just don't install to your device. And avoid upgrading, if it still persists, soft reset, launch app, quickly choose trial period, and your good to go.
What's the difference between mobitv and sprint tv cause i thought they were about the same thing. Those mobitv have more channels
Old 04-25-2010, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Yes Mobi TV is way better in my opinion. Sprint TV did have FOx news and CNN (long time ago) now they just have MSNB, I like balance not one idea being thrown at me.

Additionally unlike sprint TV MobiTV offers ESPN 360 live, and a few other channels not found on Sprint TV you might be interested in.

HERE
Is a link so that you can get a better pic of the channels that are available.

Last edited by Improve; 04-25-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

rawdigga is a n00b

Quote:
Yes Mobi TV is way better in my opinion. Sprint TV did have FOx news and CNN (long time ago) now they just have MSNB, I like balance not one idea being thrown at me.

Additionally unlike sprint TV MobiTV offers ESPN 360 live, and a few other channels not found on Sprint TV you might be interested in.

HERE
Is a link so that you can get a better pic of the channels that are available.
Your right it does have more quality channels. Thanks for the info and the cab i will give it a try.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: mogul
Carrier: verizon

timsmooth is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdigga View Post
Your right it does have more quality channels. Thanks for the info and the cab i will give it a try.
I think some of the the channels on Sprint tv are provided by mobitv. Google mobitv sprint and you come up with Sprint tv extra which offers less channels than mobitv, but at the same price.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2