PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2010, 10:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tbolt - Bamf Remix 1.6 Oc'ed 1.3,DX - Apex 1.4
Carrier: Verizon

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Re: MobiTV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
Thanks for the cab,but it keeps asking me to update the program,I clicked exit and re-run the program,it asks me to upgrade again over & over.

yeah i have had the same problem a few times tonight, even if i have the newer or older version it just keep saying upgrade.
after a few times it just locked up.

frickin hard reset , soft reset or power off(battery out) didn't even help
Old 04-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Re: MobiTV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padron26 View Post
yeah i have had the same problem a few times tonight, even if i have the newer or older version it just keep saying upgrade.
after a few times it just locked up.

frickin hard reset , soft reset or power off(battery out) didn't even help

Sorry to hear that, It has always worked for me, I run NGRZ28 rom and it will occasionaly ask me to upgrade I exit and relaunch and its a go, or soft reset under the worst conditions and Im still good to go. My wife is on Mightys rom and same deal. To top that I ran it on my old Sprint treo 800w last night and this morning no issues. If I can run it on this phone then it can basicly run on any phone, check it out http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116641 Try uninstalling the app and soft reset and reinstall.

Last edited by Improve; 04-01-2010 at 10:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Padron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPadron26 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Improve View Post
Sorry to hear that, It has always worked for me, I run NGRZ28 rom and it will occasionaly ask me to upgrade I exit and relaunch and its a go, or soft reset under the worst conditions and Im still good to go. My wife is on Mightys rom and same deal. To top that I ran it on my old Sprint treo 800w last night and this morning no issues. If I can run it on this phone then it can basicly run on any phone, check it out http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116641 Try uninstalling the app and soft reset and reinstall.

I got your Cab, it was the same version that i had tried with. using phone and card memory. I'm gonna try it again. but first a few drinks just to make sure that it isn't operator error
i got my fingers crossed
Old 04-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padron26 View Post
I got your Cab, it was the same version that i had tried with. using phone and card memory. I'm gonna try it again. but first a few drinks just to make sure that it isn't operator error
i got my fingers crossed
LOL, good luck brother, what ROM are you running?
Old 04-02-2010, 02:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

having a few this time a year is so nice. weather/florida/alcohol/single/no kids/Spring Break... what else could i ask for, well maybe for Mobitv to work

Stock vzw
cab 2.2.0.109484 prompts me saying do i want mobi to launch after download i tried it both ways yes and no.
then i open the program shortcut and it gets to the data and agreement then it says i need a update. that is the only choice. so i do that. it gives me 2.2.0.112855.cab
then go back to the shortcut but it wont show up in programs it shows the old cab that has a missing link look. so i find it in the device and open, but i found out it will open after a soft reset. (the missing link looking 1 lol)
it opens.......... and then freezes up at the data connection page. it will only let me exit and sometimes hit the check.

ive done this on the phone memory and card memory, also done this with and without soft resets after downloads. data page is the closest i get.

this isn't my first cab install for those of you wondering lol

aaahhaaa it's my hundredth post

Last edited by Padron26; 04-02-2010 at 02:52 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Well, then based on what you wrote you may either have a carrier issue with VZW and VZW(version)Rom, or an issue with your perticular device.

I went to my budies house and installed it on his Palm Treo Pro. You cant even see most of the iinitial prompts on the sreen completely, but I still easily manage to get it running. It asked me three times in a row after installing if I wanted to upgrade, I would exit and restart. Eventualy I soft reset and luanched the app and it worked just fine. If I knew someone with a VZW TP2 I would test it our for you. Maybe in time a solution will probebly come. You might want to PM the person who mentioned they have a script. Good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo Shift
Carrier: Sprint SEP 4G

elmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuffelmerfudpucker knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to elmerfudpucker

just loaded it, works here.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."
Old 04-03-2010, 01:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

i wouldn't doubt that this thing has problems, its the 3rd tp2 that ive had since Feb.
Old 04-11-2010, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rman209 is a n00b

You are a life saver, i couldn't find a mobitv that would work with my htc touch pro 2 until your post a million thans to you
Old 04-11-2010, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

i loaded this on my verizon touch pro 2 when i was on the final mighty rom sense 2.1 and it worked fine. i havent tried stock tho but it worked fine on mr 2.1

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2