PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rezound
Carrier: Verizon

mgdking is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Background wallpaper on start?

I was just wondering if there is a way to put a wallpaper(pic) on the start menu? The screen that comes up right after you hit the start. I have searched for something but I cant find anything? I have Verizon TP2 6.1 stock rom. I am very new to all this stuff but learning fast. Well in theory anyways!LOL I understand the cab thing and installing things that way but after that I am at a blank! I have Resco File explorer installed cause Iam sure I will need that! I also have HDwalls installed as well. I hope someone can at least point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any replies!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Background wallpaper on start?

all the times ive been around here ive never heard or seen anyone have that work.... I could be wrong and please correct me if Im wrong, but I dont think so.....
Old 11-11-2009, 08:05 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

now go to the Upgrades section and read the Stickys on Hard Spl and how to unlock your phone.. Its very simple, dont let the instructions intimidate you because you will laugh at yourself when your done....

There it will unlock your phone so you can load custom roms on there, These are very fun as they give you the latest and greatest stuff out there for our phones and cool features from our very own at ppcgeeks.....

If ya dont wanna flash just go to the ugrades section and read on how to customize in other ways, luckily cab. files that you already know how to install will get ya far, but as far as customizing the start, a 6.5 rom would be the route to go, plus, 6.1 is old news........

Any help holla man....
Old 11-11-2009, 08:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Jimmy_Digital is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Jimmy_Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
now go to the Upgrades section and read the Stickys on Hard Spl and how to unlock your phone.. Its very simple, dont let the instructions intimidate you because you will laugh at yourself when your done....

There it will unlock your phone so you can load custom roms on there, These are very fun as they give you the latest and greatest stuff out there for our phones and cool features from our very own at ppcgeeks.....

If ya dont wanna flash just go to the ugrades section and read on how to customize in other ways, luckily cab. files that you already know how to install will get ya far, but as far as customizing the start, a 6.5 rom would be the route to go, plus, 6.1 is old news........

Any help holla man....
Man I've spent all day trying to get my Sprint TP2 Unlock using the unlocker and its keeps saying, I unlocked a phone already. I guess ima have to wait till I get $5.10 to donate and buy and unlocker
Old 11-11-2009, 09:22 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

This used to work on WinMo, may be different now.

The registry setting for the start menu background was here: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Shell\Rai\:M SStart]

When I get a chance, I'll look and see if it still is there, or has moved or changed.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-11-2009, 09:29 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaskycap View Post
Man I've spent all day trying to get my Sprint TP2 Unlock using the unlocker and its keeps saying, I unlocked a phone already. I guess ima have to wait till I get $5.10 to donate and buy and unlocker
you connected to the net right.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:41 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Ok, here's how to change the START menu background! Simple.

Turn off TF3D and then set an image for the background, then turn TF3D back on and your good to go!
Old 11-11-2009, 09:57 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post

Turn off TF3D and then set an image for the background, then turn TF3D back on and your good to go!
wow, for some reason I thought he meant settings and programs, you know that ugly white background.....

but ya santod right, I need to read better.lol

Last edited by Dragon2; 11-11-2009 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Jimmy_Digital is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Jimmy_Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Jimmy_Digital

yes i am
Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rezound
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

mgdking is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post

Thanks for the reply but remember what I said in my first post (I understand the cab thing and installing things that way but after that I am at a blank!)
So with that being said what exactly do you mean (then set an image for the background) How do I set an image? Just to confirm as well this will indeed work on vzw 6.1 stock rom? Sorry iam a noobie to all this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2