PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/)
-   -   MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-pro-2/95995-mms-thread-all-carriers-roms-kitchens.html)

froader 11-11-2009 04:19 PM

MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens
 
I would like to start a thread dedicated to MMS.
Since the unlocker came out and we have been flashing... It seems like there is some confusion as to which MMS cab works for each carrier. And, does it actually work.

I know that there is a cab for Sprint and a JooJooBee cab for Verizon.
From experience and what I have read it seems there may not be a 100% working cab.

Please post the MMS cab that you are using, your carrier, and exactly what you have tested. We need to know if picture and video messages can be read and sent 100% correctly.

Thanks in advance, and I will do my best to update the 1st post with the collected information.

Update: 10/11

Verizon:
IMNUS - modified version of joojoobees and it works perfect on Mighty
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1257979866
Bugs - Cannot save templates. Templates could be saved on older versions.

Sprint:
Arcsoft Cab link?

Mr. X 11-11-2009 04:22 PM

Re: MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens
 
*Face Palm*

since this isn't a rom, i move it to the correct section, lets try to keep it the rom upgrade section clean.

froader 11-11-2009 04:37 PM

Re: MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319888)
*Face Palm*

since this isn't a rom, i move it to the correct section, lets try to keep it the rom upgrade section clean.

No prob.

crookdbill 11-11-2009 04:49 PM

Re: MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens
 
i m on juicy R2 and i am using the mms disable cab and the newest mms cab to send and receive mms. it however disables the htc messaging app and doesn't allow you to respond from the messaging tab directly. kind of a hastle but it works. looks like it will be fixed in R3.

Pegasus"143" 11-11-2009 06:51 PM

Re: MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by froader (Post 1319880)
I would like to start a thread dedicated to MMS.
Since the unlocker came out and we have been flashing... It seems like there is some confusion as to which MMS cab works for each carrier. And, does it actually work.

I know that there is a cab for Sprint and a JooJooBee cab for Verizon.
From experience and what I have read it seems there may not be a 100% working cab.

Please post the MMS cab that you are using, your carrier, and exactly what you have tested. We need to know if picture and video messages can be read and sent 100% correctly.

Thanks in advance, and I will do my best to update the 1st post with the collected information.

This one from IMNUS is a modified version of joojoobees and it works perfect on Mighty.

Attachment 48176

brownhornet 11-11-2009 07:20 PM

Re: MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens
 
On the November 9, 21864 version of 6.5 on energy I didnt have to disable the htc messaging... just installed the sprint arcsoft cab and then the mighty mike sprint carrier cab and soft reset... and I can send and receive mms via messaging no problem.

gadget1 11-11-2009 10:08 PM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

I guess I have been one of the lucky ones (VZW), I have been able to send and recieve pics and videos on all 3 of the Mighty ROMs.



The issue I am having is that with this newest version of Arcsoft I can not save any mms templates.



Anyone ele having this problem??

froader 11-12-2009 12:31 AM

Re: MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens
 
1st post updated.

froader 11-12-2009 12:35 AM

Re: MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by crookdbill (Post 1319951)
i m on juicy R2 and i am using the mms disable cab and the newest mms cab to send and receive mms. it however disables the htc messaging app and doesn't allow you to respond from the messaging tab directly. kind of a hastle but it works. looks like it will be fixed in R3.

Thanks, can you please provide links for these cabs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" (Post 1320336)
This one from IMNUS is a modified version of joojoobees and it works perfect on Mighty.

Attachment 48176

Thanks for the link!

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownhornet (Post 1320416)
On the November 9, 21864 version of 6.5 on energy I didnt have to disable the htc messaging... just installed the sprint arcsoft cab and then the mighty mike sprint carrier cab and soft reset... and I can send and receive mms via messaging no problem.

Good feedback, can you please post a link for Arcsoft?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget1 (Post 1320891)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

I guess I have been one of the lucky ones (VZW), I have been able to send and recieve pics and videos on all 3 of the Mighty ROMs.



The issue I am having is that with this newest version of Arcsoft I can not save any mms templates.



Anyone ele having this problem??

Which Arcsoft cab are you using? Is it the one in the 1st post or the original JooJooBee Cab?


Thanks everyone for all the feedback!

gadget1 11-12-2009 01:33 AM

Re: MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by froader (Post 1321354)
Which Arcsoft cab are you using? Is it the one in the 1st post or the original JooJooBee Cab?


Thanks everyone for all the feedback!

I had been using the JooJooBee cab with no problems, I am now using the one posted by imnuts and it is working fine as well.

The only issue I am having is that I like to save MMS templates and this latest version (in both of the above mentioned cabs) will not let me save a template. All previous versions I have tried will.

I have spent the last few hours searching on Google and tried several others, all seemed to work for me and would allow saving of templates. I am still trying to figure this out.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2012 - PPCGeeks.com


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0