PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled
Carrier: Verizon

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens

I would like to start a thread dedicated to MMS.
Since the unlocker came out and we have been flashing... It seems like there is some confusion as to which MMS cab works for each carrier. And, does it actually work.

I know that there is a cab for Sprint and a JooJooBee cab for Verizon.
From experience and what I have read it seems there may not be a 100% working cab.

Please post the MMS cab that you are using, your carrier, and exactly what you have tested. We need to know if picture and video messages can be read and sent 100% correctly.

Thanks in advance, and I will do my best to update the 1st post with the collected information.

Update: 10/11

Verizon:
IMNUS - modified version of joojoobees and it works perfect on Mighty
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1257979866
Bugs - Cannot save templates. Templates could be saved on older versions.

Sprint:
Arcsoft Cab link?

Last edited by froader; 11-12-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: MMS thread - all Carriers - for ROMs and Kitchens

*Face Palm*

since this isn't a rom, i move it to the correct section, lets try to keep it the rom upgrade section clean.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
*Face Palm*

since this isn't a rom, i move it to the correct section, lets try to keep it the rom upgrade section clean.
No prob.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

crookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrookdbill is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i m on juicy R2 and i am using the mms disable cab and the newest mms cab to send and receive mms. it however disables the htc messaging app and doesn't allow you to respond from the messaging tab directly. kind of a hastle but it works. looks like it will be fixed in R3.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:51 PM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post
I would like to start a thread dedicated to MMS.
Since the unlocker came out and we have been flashing... It seems like there is some confusion as to which MMS cab works for each carrier. And, does it actually work.

I know that there is a cab for Sprint and a JooJooBee cab for Verizon.
From experience and what I have read it seems there may not be a 100% working cab.

Please post the MMS cab that you are using, your carrier, and exactly what you have tested. We need to know if picture and video messages can be read and sent 100% correctly.

Thanks in advance, and I will do my best to update the 1st post with the collected information.
This one from IMNUS is a modified version of joojoobees and it works perfect on Mighty.

imnuts ArcSoft MMS 5.0.90.127.cab
Old 11-11-2009, 07:20 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

On the November 9, 21864 version of 6.5 on energy I didnt have to disable the htc messaging... just installed the sprint arcsoft cab and then the mighty mike sprint carrier cab and soft reset... and I can send and receive mms via messaging no problem.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

I guess I have been one of the lucky ones (VZW), I have been able to send and recieve pics and videos on all 3 of the Mighty ROMs.

The issue I am having is that with this newest version of Arcsoft I can not save any mms templates.

Anyone ele having this problem??

Last edited by gadget1; 11-11-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

1st post updated.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crookdbill View Post
i m on juicy R2 and i am using the mms disable cab and the newest mms cab to send and receive mms. it however disables the htc messaging app and doesn't allow you to respond from the messaging tab directly. kind of a hastle but it works. looks like it will be fixed in R3.
Thanks, can you please provide links for these cabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
This one from IMNUS is a modified version of joojoobees and it works perfect on Mighty.

Attachment 48176
Thanks for the link!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
On the November 9, 21864 version of 6.5 on energy I didnt have to disable the htc messaging... just installed the sprint arcsoft cab and then the mighty mike sprint carrier cab and soft reset... and I can send and receive mms via messaging no problem.
Good feedback, can you please post a link for Arcsoft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadget1 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

I guess I have been one of the lucky ones (VZW), I have been able to send and recieve pics and videos on all 3 of the Mighty ROMs.

The issue I am having is that with this newest version of Arcsoft I can not save any mms templates.

Anyone ele having this problem??
Which Arcsoft cab are you using? Is it the one in the 1st post or the original JooJooBee Cab?

Thanks everyone for all the feedback!
Old 11-12-2009, 01:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

gadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuffgadget1 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post
Which Arcsoft cab are you using? Is it the one in the 1st post or the original JooJooBee Cab?

Thanks everyone for all the feedback!
I had been using the JooJooBee cab with no problems, I am now using the one posted by imnuts and it is working fine as well.

The only issue I am having is that I like to save MMS templates and this latest version (in both of the above mentioned cabs) will not let me save a template. All previous versions I have tried will.

I have spent the last few hours searching on Google and tried several others, all seemed to work for me and would allow saving of templates. I am still trying to figure this out.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2