PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you use S2U2 and is your battery life short?
I use S2U2 and my battery drains faster 11 45.83%
I use S2U2 and my battery lasts a long time 8 33.33%
I don't use S2U2 and my battery drains fast 2 8.33%
I don't use S2U2 and my battery lasts a long time 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 04:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ALL S2U2 users, is your battery life short?

I never used this prog on my mogul and I just recently put it on my tp2. I noticed a considerable shorter battery life. Even the phone just sitting there, it would drain about 7-10% an hour.

In my opinion, it seemed to drain slower if I hit the power button while the S2U2 screen was not activated (like from the today screen). But if I turned on the screen and the S2U2 screen activated and then I hit the power button again, so that I turned the screen off with the S2U2 screen activated, it seemed to drain even faster.

I searched and it seemed that a lot of people suspect that their battery is being drained by S2U2.

This is a great program, I'd love to keep using it, if this issue can be resolved I would love to start using it again.

Last edited by bobturismo; 11-11-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Re: ALL S2U2 users, is your battery life short?

The latest version, v2.12 is very good on battery life compared to the previous versions. My battery is only draining 1-2% per hour now. I'm currently running Juicy's R2 ROM, which also may have an effect on the battery life.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags
Threadstarter

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog54 View Post
The latest version, v2.12 is very good on battery life compared to the previous versions. My battery is only draining 1-2% per hour now. I'm currently running Juicy's R2 ROM, which also may have an effect on the battery life.
I downloaded the newest version, just a few days ago.

Maybe it's just my phone then, a buddy of mine says his is fine?

I'll try it again I guess.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

This problem solved itself when I uninstalled it.
My wife has my old TP and she is having serious battery issues with s2u2. She wants it off.

p.

Last edited by AZTECHKA; 11-11-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & MS 3.5

SKS06460 is keeping up the good workSKS06460 is keeping up the good work

When I first got my TP2 I would get about 1.5 days of battery life with some moderate use.
I installed S2U2 on my TP2. I really liked the program, but my battery would drain out in about 12 hours with NO use. I took it off and I get 1.5 to 2 days of average use.
I'll consider trying the new version.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
This problem solved itself when I uninstalled it.
Same here.

I deleted it & switched to PocketShield, problem solved.

~John
Old 11-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

For what it's worth, I switched from S2U2 to LockMeLite from XDA and it's great. Works like a charm and no noticeable drain at all...I took my phone off the charger and have had push gmail working all day in addition to some phone calls, etc... 14 hours later I am between 40-50% battery still left...LML does not have all the bells and whistles of S2U2 and is not as flashy, but is very stable and reliable for what it's worth...
Old 11-11-2009, 11:35 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

How much mAh does your phone drain idle with S2I2's version 2.12?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i love s2u2 but i've got to say i'm doing a little better without it. i don't think it causes SERIOUS drain tho... just slightly more. what's causing serious drain is windows mobile and radios
Old 11-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: S

tiger83 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (htc TP2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo
I never used this prog on my mogul and I just recently put it on my tp2. I noticed a considerable shorter battery life. Even the phone just sitting there, it would drain about 7-10% an hour.

In my opinion, it seemed to drain slower if I hit the power button while the S2U2 screen was not activated (like from the today screen). But if I turned on the screen and the S2U2 screen activated and then I hit the power button again, so that I turned the screen off with the S2U2 screen activated, it seemed to drain even faster.

I searched and it seemed that a lot of people suspect that their battery is being drained by S2U2.

This is a great program, I'd love to keep using it, if this issue can be resolved I would love to start using it again.
If you like the program, keep using it. The best way to resolve your battery issue is to buy extra batteries. I has 3 and carry 2 with me every day. If I got all 3 line up, I can watch Youtube all day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2