PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 01:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Anyone experience defects?

Ever since I charged my phone for the first time, I have had a bulge on the side of my TP2. The black trim ring and same place on the battery cover are noticeably bulged out.

In addition, when looking at the device from the front in portrait orientation, my screen is now offset to the left. There is a noticeable edge on the right side between the screen portion and phone portion, while the left side sits flush.

ALSO, my 'END' key is unusually shallow. It's often times difficult to press because I need to use the tip of my finger. It seems like it is movable too, and gets stuck at an angled position.

If I am inside of my 30 day period from buying the phone, can I exchange it for a new one since these are considered manufacturers defects?
Old 11-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Anyone experience defects?

Here is a thread that is several pages long about defects. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=DEFECTS

And here is one about the VZW 30 day worry free..... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=DEFECTS
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:54 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

The 'bulge' on the side of the cover was discussed at length back in August or so when the devices first came out in Canada. Many users were taking them back and exchanging them. Some received new ones that were okay, others bascially got the same problem again. It seems to be a design flaw with the small plastic latches that hold the cover to the back of the phone. I have a very small bump, but in my case that's all, and it doesn't bother me as it is quite small.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

kidwolf908 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
The 'bulge' on the side of the cover was discussed at length back in August or so when the devices first came out in Canada. Many users were taking them back and exchanging them. Some received new ones that were okay, others bascially got the same problem again. It seems to be a design flaw with the small plastic latches that hold the cover to the back of the phone. I have a very small bump, but in my case that's all, and it doesn't bother me as it is quite small.
Do you happen to notice this offset screen issue?

I read in one of the threads posted above that the bulge is related to taking the battery cover off without removing the stylus first... though I don't know what impact that would have.

Overall, I am very pleased with the device, I am just a perfectionist and hate to pay a lot of money for a product that isn't perfect. I may take it to Verizon for an exchange, but I might just say to hell with it and deal.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:13 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwolf908 View Post
Do you happen to notice this offset screen issue?

I read in one of the threads posted above that the bulge is related to taking the battery cover off without removing the stylus first... though I don't know what impact that would have.

Overall, I am very pleased with the device, I am just a perfectionist and hate to pay a lot of money for a product that isn't perfect. I may take it to Verizon for an exchange, but I might just say to hell with it and deal.
Not noticing the offset screen.

Original documentation did say you were supposed to remove the stylus before removing the back cover, so it's feasible that could be the cause of the 'bulges'.

If you're not happy take it back. It goes without saying, but make sure you check the replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2