PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: $12.30! Bracketron Grip-it Windshiled Mount!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deviantirish View Post
$10.50 from ebay. takes about 2 weeks for shipping from hong kong. But it works great. Hasn't fell off my window or let go of my phone. Its very impressive considering I have a 146db stereo in my car.

It has a locking back that holds the arm in posittion you want. and allows the phone to slide open and close very easily. And has a camera hole. So you could video your driving skills.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Touch-PRO-2-...item5634f26e16
this one looks very interesting... how is the suction though. does it feel like its price or is it of high quality? please be honest.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

I got my holder for about $8 shipped for touch pro(1) but i am still using it for TP2 as it seem to hold most phones anyways. Although it has gooseneck it does not shake in car and can pivot 360%, has padding so it will not scratch the sides of phone, very strong large suction cup with suck-in lever, click sound when rotating, full access to usb and headphone jack while on the holder, does not block the screen but the coolest function is the release mechanism that when button pushed opens sides very slowly. Have used it for about 8 month with no problems. I got it from here(not affiliated with site just sharing my experience):
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1043

When you can tether for free?: D
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

deviantirish is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
this one looks very interesting... how is the suction though. does it feel like its price or is it of high quality? please be honest.
The siction is great. Like i said. It has never fell off or dropped my phone. The suction cup has a lever to force a stronger hold.
HTC-XV6875>RETIRED
HTC-ADR6300>CURRENT
Old 11-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt 2
Carrier: Cingular

bwnotredame06 is a n00b

The Bracketron is a solid piece of equipment, And i highly recommend it, i just bought another one two weeks ago, but i wish i knew Walmart had it for cheaper, instead of the $35 at BestBuy, but outside of that it is still worth the $35, I had my last one for 2 years and used it with my first Tilt and now with the TILT 2. But i had to take it off every day and it eventually broke from the constant on, off, But i figured out that by pressing the release buttons while putting it on will save on the wear and tear, so my new one should last quite awhile.

Last edited by bwnotredame06; 11-11-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Threadstarter

aamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuffaamon17 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to aamon17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwnotredame06 View Post
The Bracketron is a solid piece of equipment, And i highly reccomend it, i just bought another one two weeks ago, but i wish i knew Walmart had it for cheaper, instead of the $35 at BestBuy, but outside of that it is still worth the $35, I had my last one for 2 years and used it with my first Tilt and now with the TILT 2. But i had to take it off every day and it eventually broke from the constant on, off, But i figured out that by pressing the release buttons while putting it on will save on the wear and tear, so my new one should last quite awhile.

Thanks for the review on the Bracketron & not 15 other devices! Isaw it at Bestbuy for $35 too last night, and figured it had to be available elsewhere for less. Had no clue Wal-Mart would be the place and for soooo much less. -- Thanks again!
---- Former Verizon XV6700
Old 11-11-2009, 05:09 PM
the World Watcher
Pocket PC: LG Optimus
Carrier: Sprint

strra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIPstrra is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to strra

i owned that exact one for my TP.... it was wonderful at first but its shoddy construction started to show over time.... first, the suction cup started, well, sucking (or not, however you look at it), i had to open it up a couple times to fix the locking mechanism, and then the wire inside the neck eventually just snapped. i bought a haicom mount online for the same price (here) and there was a hell of a difference. i'm happy now

Last edited by strra; 11-11-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Jay6700

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Any problems with these holders and verizon tp2's? I got a dock for mine, but it doesn't fit because the usb port is in the wrong place. I don't know what/if anything else is different, but now I own a tp2 dock I can't use.
Old 11-11-2009, 09:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: I-phone 4S 32Gb
Carrier: Sprint

djpaul is just getting started

I have been using one for about a year. Its ok for $12. Within 6 month some foam pcs fell off. But it does the job. Now if your winshield allows to set it closely to the dash and still be able for you to see, then it might be a good product, but for my cargo van you can't so IT DOES SHAKES BADLY (especialy that TP2 is quite heavy).

I have ordered mount in second or third post from RPAS5404, but unfortunately it has been 3 weeks and I still haven't seen anything. He usured me that it is for Spring TP2 and that I will get it by 10th, but now he is quite for past 2 days. Hopefully I will see it soon to give some feedback about that one.

But as far as Bracketron - I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT. But that just my 2c
Isaiah 40:31
Old 11-12-2009, 01:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC XV6875

deviantirish is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay6700 View Post
Any problems with these holders and verizon tp2's? I got a dock for mine, but it doesn't fit because the usb port is in the wrong place. I don't know what/if anything else is different, but now I own a tp2 dock I can't use.
I have a VZW TP2 and the mount i am using allows acess to both the usb and audio jack.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2