PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95945)

mlcastro 11-11-2009 11:00 AM

MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades

Hi All,

I've done extensive searching throughout the forums and have noticed that there is complete avoidance of questions related to the MS Bluetooth stack or statements saying that their widcomm stack works just fine.

That being said, there are tons of people out there with major BT issues. Even HTC is aware of the problem.

I guess what I'm wondering is, is it just that the chefs, etc. have no idea how to get the MS BT Stack into a ROM? If that's the case then maybe someone can post that so we can stop all the questions.

Is it that the stack can only be extracted when an official stock ROM with the MS bluetooth stack is released?

If someone does know how to get the MS BT Stack, I have seen several chefs asking for it so they can cook their own ROMS with it.

Thanks for your responses!

jakdillard 11-11-2009 11:11 AM

Re: MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades

What it may be is that most of the chefs here don't really use the bluetooth services that the enduser may use so it is not that big of a deal to them ..... but removing the broadcom stack would require a slight bit of work (not) really adding the MSFT stack would be as easy as adding two folders to the SYS directory but whats the gain and whats the loss from doing this .....

Mr. X 11-11-2009 11:16 AM

I personally find the MS stack to be worse then then Broadcom stack. so i wouldn't be doing this.

mlcastro 11-11-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1319030)
What it may be is that most of the chefs here don't really use the bluetooth services that the enduser may use so it is not that big of a deal to them ..... but removing the broadcom stack would require a slight bit of work (not) really adding the MSFT stack would be as easy as adding two folders to the SYS directory but whats the gain and whats the loss from doing this .....

Thanks for your response, lets see the gain from this would be bluetooth functionality for many people who can't really use handsfree and other devices.

I'm really not sure what the losses would be.

I think that if one of the veteran chefs could provide some assistance with what you described there would be someone else who would develop a ROM with this stack :)

mlcastro 11-11-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319043)
I personally find the MS stack to be worse then then Broadcom stack. so i wouldn't be doing this.

Right, as I said in my OP, this is a standard response which doesn't really address the questions that many have.

helix139 11-11-2009 11:56 AM

I'd at least like the option of the MS stack. It would be nice to actually be able to hang up with my headset and not have to dig around my center console and take my phone out of my case while trying to shift gears and not hit other cars.

Mr. X 11-11-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helix139 (Post 1319145)
I'd at least like the option of the MS stack. It would be nice to actually be able to hang up with my headset and not have to dig around my center console and take my phone out of my case while trying to shift gears and not hit other cars.

see thats what i dont get? my7 S9 hangs up no problem.

Mr. X 11-11-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlcastro (Post 1319060)
Right, as I said in my OP, this is a standard response which doesn't really address the questions that many have.

if you asking if we have any idea how to get it in there? it would be simple, the hardest part would be removing the boradcom stack i have the MS stack already. i just wont do it.

mlcastro 11-11-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319186)
see thats what i dont get? my7 S9 hangs up no problem.

Yeah...there are tons of people though who have issues especially related to not being able to end a call on car based hands-free devices. Although I've read several accounts of people who's headsets are having issues as well.

mlcastro 11-11-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319209)
if you asking if we have any idea how to get it in there? it would be simple, the hardest part would be removing the boradcom stack i have the MS stack already. i just wont do it.

I see, is the hard part identifying the files?