PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   just a few random questions.... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95838)

ulysses 11-10-2009 06:00 PM

just a few random questions....

anyone know where can i find the "always close on x" cab? doing a search for that brings toooo many results.. lol

another is, if i set my phone to "always use EVDO", and there's no EVDO available, will it default to 1x, or just not connect at all? (also, is there a downside to this?)

lastly, anyone know the registry key to change the mms size for a 6.5 rom?

thanks all!,
-u

Darkness231 11-10-2009 06:06 PM

Re: just a few random questions....

always close on X= Start->Settings->System->Task Manager->Button Tab. Then select "End programs by tapping "X""

If your EVDO signal is too weak it will default to 1X.
1X is about the speed up a dial up modem and EVDO is about the speed of a low end DSL

MMS size. Send or receive?
Just change all the send and receive values to 5120000 (dec)(~5mb) in the below keys
HKLM/SOFTWARE/ArcSoft/ArcSoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/MMSCSetting/SampleMMSC
HKLM/SOFTWARE/ArcSoft/ArcSoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/MMSCSetting/SampleMMSC2

lostcausnjtown 11-10-2009 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulysses (Post 1316766)
anyone know where can i find the "always close on x" cab? doing a search for that brings toooo many results.. lol

another is, if i set my phone to "always use EVDO", and there's no EVDO available, will it default to 1x, or just not connect at all? (also, is there a downside to this?)

lastly, anyone know the registry key to change the mms size for a 6.5 rom?

thanks all!,
-u

1. Should not need a cab for that. They should be in Settings>System>Task Manager>Button

2. I think that it will just not connect if you say EVDO only. The only way it will switch is if you put it on automatic. Downside may be a few missed emails and data when you do not have connection.

3.Look under options in the SMS/MMS menu. This is assuming you have arcsoft. If not, then I do not know where they are.

Hope this helps.

p-slim 11-10-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkness231 (Post 1316791)
always close on X= Start->Settings->System->Task Manager->Button Tab. Then select "End programs by tapping "X""

If your EVDO signal is too weak it will default to 1X.
1X is about the speed up a dial up modem and EVDO is about the speed of a low end DSL

MMS size. Send or receive?
Just change all the send and receive values to 5120000 (dec)(~5mb) in the below keys
HKLM/SOFTWARE/ArcSoft/ArcSoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/MMSCSetting/SampleMMSC
HKLM/SOFTWARE/ArcSoft/ArcSoft MMS UA/Config/mm1/MMSCSetting/SampleMMSC2

Quote:

Originally Posted by lostcausnjtown (Post 1316795)
1. Should not need a cab for that. They should be in Settings>System>Task Manager>Button

2. I think that it will just not connect if you say EVDO only. The only way it will switch is if you put it on automatic. Downside may be a few missed emails and data when you do not have connection.

3.Look under options in the SMS/MMS menu. This is assuming you have arcsoft. If not, then I do not know where they are.

Hope this helps.

you 2 must not be familiar with 6.5.1, those options do not work. if you are running 6.5.1 op you will need a program called showcase.

Darkness231 11-10-2009 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p-slim (Post 1316873)
you 2 must not be familiar with 6.5.1, those options do not work. if you are running 6.5.1 op you will need a program called showcase.

The OP is asking about a 6.5 ROM and does not specify that it is 6.5.1

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulysses (Post 1316766)
anyone know the registry key to change the mms size for a 6.5 rom?

ulysses 11-10-2009 07:54 PM

thanks guys! for some reason i thought i needed a special cab for the "close on x"..

as for the "EVDO/1x" has that option been disabled in 6.5? i remember seeing it my TP... but i can't find it anywhere on my tp2/6.5....?

thanks again..
-u

danny6514 11-10-2009 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulysses (Post 1317151)
thanks guys! for some reason i thought i needed a special cab for the "close on x"..

as for the "EVDO/1x" has that option been disabled in 6.5? i remember seeing it my TP... but i can't find it anywhere on my tp2/6.5....?

thanks again..
-u

gone on mine too.