PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Users Getting Stuck in 1X --- PLEASE READ!

For those of you who have the plaguing problem of your data connection dropping to 1X, I'm trying to spearhead this issue with Verizon and need your help.

Everytime I open a ticket, it get's closed stating that it's a signal issue with a specific location. We all know that this is not the case. I finally have got ahold of a Tech supervisor who gave me all of his contact information so that we could ALL direct our issue to him. He would then get it elevated through the proper channels and then hopfully they can find a fix. It's my hope that we can all email or call him and explain our issue. He was very nice to work with on the phone and said he is dedicated to getting the problem resolved. I think he's looking at this from a global look rather than an isolated one like every other tech I've spoken to.

Here is his contact information:

Kevin Drakeford
kevin.drakeford@verizonwireless.com
843-566-8600 EXT 1789
Charleston, SC Call Center

Please email or call him with your information and make sure to inform him all of the steps that you've tried that have been unsuccessful (new phone, hard reset, etc etc).

I will try and follow up with him later in the week. Msg here if you contacted him. Hopefully we can get this fixed and be left with just an awesome working phone!

Last edited by gbruyn; 11-10-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Verizon Users Getting Stuck in 1X --- PLEASE READ!

Bump... please read and help if you are having this same issue!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

gwbaker is a n00b

I was just about to call when i found this message.
Same issue in metro Atlanta. I just emailed the listed tech.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2-happy to see not crippled

froader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stufffroader knows their stuff

Here is what I just got back from e-mail support. I will have to find out what exactly they will be sending. A refurb will be unacceptable, as the device should have worked properly when purchased new! I will post their reply.

Thank you for your reply. My name is Dennis. I am sorry to learn the Touch Pro 2 loses the 3G connection. This is a known issue with the device. We have since launched an updated version of the Touch Pro 2 earlier this month which addresses this issue. To resolve this issue we will have to replace the device for you. If you would like the device replaced, please reply to this email with a shipping address. Please note we can not deliver to a P.O. Box address as we require a signature for FedEx to drop off the item.

In addition, all accessories for the Touch Pro 2 will need to be retained including the battery, battery cover, and memory card. We will only ship the phone without the accessories. Also, once the replacement device is activated and tested, please ensure you send back the original device to avoid a non-return equipment fee. A prepaid FedEx return label will be included along with instructions on how to activate the replacement device.

I appreciate your time and allowing me to assist you with the option to receive a replacement device to resolve the inability to stay connected to our 3G network. I do hope I was able to address all of your concerns today. Please reply to me or call Customer Service at 800-922-0204, if you have additional questions. Thank you for your time and being the most important part of Verizon Wireless.

Sincerely,
Dennis
Verizon Wireless
Customer Service

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless Customer, This response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wed Nov 18 19:05:42 MST 2009
To: wfmweirt@HQ.VerizonWireless.com
Cc:
Subject: RE: Other (WFM49792367)

I have had an issue since I first purchased my Touch Pro 2 which has been unanswered, and not updated.
2) Phone changes to 1X signal for no reason and stays until the phone is soft reset or I toggle airplane mode in the comm. Manager. Is there any updates on this yet??
New one:
This continues to be a problem, as well as for many other people with the TP2. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=85539&page=31
Can you please update me on the status of fixing this problem.
Thanks,
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by froader View Post

I am sorry to learn the Touch Pro 2 loses the 3G connection. This is a known issue with the device. We have since launched an updated version of the Touch Pro 2 earlier this month which addresses this issue. To resolve this issue we will have to replace the device for you.
That's huge! I hope they are serious. I wonder what they "fixed"... has to be hardware because software/firmware they would just have us install. This is good news!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

WOW, I am not a VZW user, but just wow. So, instead of releasing a fix which it seems its a software problem. They want all of you guys with the 1x problem to email them and have a new phone shipped. Well for anyone that has dropped their phones and are with vzw they can just say they are in stuck in 1x and get the phone replaced?? Seems easier to put out a hot fix and call it a day. I wonder what EXACTLY is getting changed?
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

ahearn is a n00b

Froader:
We will all be VERY interested in hearing back from you after you receive your new phone. Hopefully, this is not the same worthless lame swap-your-phone solution that Verizon has been offering before.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rezound

mgdking is becoming a great contributor

I just emailed them as well. We will see what they tell me when I get a reply? Should be interesting.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon w/ BigCo0ie 23563 ROM

crsa3000 is a n00b

Just emailed them as well. We'll see...
Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

hmmmm. this is interesting. i just tried to tether my phone and it went into 1x but as soon as i disconnected it went back into Ev..i cannot say my test is accurate because i have very crappy service here, but i will check and see. hopefully i figure this out before my 30 days is up.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2